Letter from Michael Moore

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:01 am
IronLionZion wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
...the truth... Yeah, right.

Awesome post.

Coming from one as succinct as yourself, let me just express my gratitude for your praise.
0 Replies

whatthewtf

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:30 pm
if we never fought anyone to protect our freedoms would we have freedom of speech? That is what i was trying to get across. Moore's movie bashed on Bush for going to war using ridicoulous accusations that are blown way out of proportion. If we would have waited for the Germans to attack and invade America in World War 2 would we be here today as this country?

P.S.
I've seen the movie FYI
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 01:33 pm
Quote:
Moore's movie bashed on Bush for going to war using ridicoulous accusations that are blown way out of proportion. If we would have waited for the Germans to attack and invade America in World War 2 would we be here today as this country?

I understand where you are going with it, but your logic doesn't quite follow. For, you see, comparing the situation in WW2 (when there was no doubt that Hitler was bombing the crap out of our allies) and the Iraq war (where there was considerable doubt that Sadaam could have bombed ANYONE) is a logical fallacy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies