(God, I hope he's got bodyguards.)
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:38 pm
Who's his cardiologist?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:47 pm
Miller just asks the most-thought provoking questions...
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:04 pm
Yes, doesn't he? I wonder what he thinks of what Moore says? For instance: "Our troops know the truth. They have seen it first-hand. And many of them could not believe that here was a movie that was TRULY on their side -- the side of bringing them home alive and never sending them into harms way again unless it's the absolute last resort." OR "Many news shows were more than eager to buy the White House spin. After all, that is a big part of what "Fahrenheit" is about -- how the lazy, compliant media bought all the lies from the Bush administration about the need to invade Iraq"OR "Bush spokesman Dan Bartlett had told the White House press corps that the movie was "outrageously false" -- . He later told CNN thateven though he said he hadn't seen the movie "This is a film that doesn't require us to actually view it to know that it's filled with factual inaccuracies." Uh huh. OR Dale earnhart's statement:"He said hey, it'll be a good bonding experience no matter what your political belief. It's a good thing as an American to go see." OR ""Fahrenheit 9/11" broke "Rocky III's" record for the biggest box office opening weekend ever for any film that opened in less than a thousand theaters." OR " This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time. No fewer than a dozen people, including three teams of lawyers and the venerable one-time fact-checkers from The New Yorker went through this movie with a fine-tooth comb so that we can make this guarantee to you. Do not let anyone say this or that isn't true. If they say that, they are lying." OR "The New York Times wrote of a conservative Republican woman in her 20s in Pensacola, Florida who cried through the film, and told the reporter: "It really makes me question what I feel about the president... it makes me question his motivesÂ…" OR:
Newsday reported on a self-described "ardent Bush/Cheney supporter" who went to see the film on Long Island, and his quiet reaction afterwards. He said, "It's really given me pause to think about what's really going on. There was just too much - too much to discoun
t." Or maybe "Roger Friedman from the Fox News Channel giving our film an absolutely glowing review, calling it "a really brilliant piece of work, and a film that members of all political parties should see without fail." Richard Goldstein of the Village Voice surmised that Bush is already considered a goner so Rupert Murdoch might be starting to curry favor with the new administration." I notice Miller didn't address any of those statements! Probably Miller did not see the movie, and is content with simply parroting the party line!
0 Replies

whatthewtf

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:44 pm
I love how much people admire others who can create invoking films about the goverment and make millions and millions doing it and say they are only in it because of what they believe. How can americans really admire someone like michael moore, because of the freedom of speech that he uses that our troops our fighting to protect he abuses it and tries to get that taken away. Hilarious.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
The fact that it took millions of dollars to make a film that Americans might watch and be able to know the truth is what's really hilarious, wtf. That an American has to go to such lengths is what's hilarious. I am using your word sarcastically, by the way. It is unfortunate, but many would rather go see a movie than to keep up with the various media to see what's really going on. So whatever it takes. If I had the wherewithal, I would have made the film, and the reason would be the same, for my beliefs. I believe in democracy and I believe that if a film is what it takes to expose the ways in which our democracy is being diminished, so be it! Do you begrudge him making money while doing so? I wonder why? Drug companies make huge profits to make drugs that treat illnesses and save lives, do you begrudge them that? Michael Moore was a rabble-rouser long before he was a rich man. So now he's able to make money while doing it, good for him. Many would say that's the American Dream. republicans would not begrudge him a cent if he made this film about Clinton instead. He'd probably be a national hero, held up as an example of what a person can make of himself if he just pulls up those bootstraps and gets to work!

I was unaware that the poor soldiers stuck in Iraq are there to defend our free speech! You better let the president know, he's still looking for a good explanation why we're there!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
...the truth... Yeah, right.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 08:53 am
People who criticize the movie without having seen it crack me up.

The best thing I heard was some group trying to stop theaters from showing the flick! So...you love this country's freedom, but you don't want people to exercise their freedom to make or see this particular film?

Hypocrites Laughing

By the way, I've gotten a pretty strong sense of where your loyalties lie, McG... Just wondering, have you seen the flick yet? You should peep it if you haven't yet.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:05 am
Now isn't this too bad -- remind anyone of blanks spaces on White House tapings?:

Pentagon states that Bush's military record inadvertantly (!) destroyed:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040709_711.html
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:38 am
I heard they used the same brand of shredders as Arthur Andersen employees did!! Razz
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:45 am
I wouldn't doubt it but they likely paid $50,000.00 for each shredder.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:47 am
You forgot to add $50,000.00 for special "freedom" shredders Wink
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:48 am
Bookmarking, and wishing Mr Moore godspeed.
The film opens in Britain this week, and I am going to see it. Thank you.

McTag
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
As opposed to a French pomme shredder?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
JustanObserver wrote:
People who criticize the movie without having seen it crack me up.

The best thing I heard was some group trying to stop theaters from showing the flick! So...you love this country's freedom, but you don't want people to exercise their freedom to make or see this particular film?

Hypocrites Laughing

By the way, I've gotten a pretty strong sense of where your loyalties lie, McG... Just wondering, have you seen the flick yet? You should peep it if you haven't yet.

When it airs on network TV, I may watch it. Maybe.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
...the truth... Yeah, right.

Awesome post.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
Love him or hate him, Michael Moore sets an example for all of us.

Here's a guy (even if you disagree with his politics and think he's an idiot) who had the balls to take his anger, and do something about it. Something that, one way or the other, will spur more people to vote, which is never a bad thing.

If more people took that sort of personal responsibility with our country, our system would work a lot better....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:32 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

If more people took that sort of personal responsibility with our country, our system would work a lot better....

Amen!

Suzy...thanks a million for your wonderful post. You are way too cool. Cool I too will bookmark it.

Godspeed to Michael Moore.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:33 am
whatthewtf wrote:
I love how much people admire others who can create invoking films about the goverment and make millions and millions doing it and say they are only in it because of what they believe. How can americans really admire someone like michael moore, because of the freedom of speech that he uses that our troops our fighting to protect he abuses it and tries to get that taken away. Hilarious.

Huh? Our troops in Iraq are there to protect our freedom of speech? And that freedom was being threatened by... whom?

Geez, there's a post that is hilarious for all the wrong reasons. (Invoking films - what?)

I hope you enjoy the film, McTag. It isn't the best film in the world, but it raises some awful questions about this administration and its mishandling of foreign affairs.
0 Replies