Translation from English to Hebrew

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 03:19 pm
I'm trying to get "Paid In Full" translated into Hebrew from English. It's in reference to Jesus paying for our sins in full and I'd like to have it translated into Hebrew since that was the language he spoke. I'm looking to get it as a tattoo. Thanks for the help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,671 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 05:35 pm
Sorry. Christ spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 06:12 pm
Noddy is right there.
0 Replies

ltabib

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 03:35 pm
It is very simple
Paid in full = שולם במלואו
But in the bible would have use some thing more sophisticated like
נמחל לו = has been forgiven
0 Replies

crider

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 11:30 am
I believe the word you may be looking for is "Tetelestai" However, I am not sure of the spelling. The Navigator Bible study book on the gospel of John has the documentation you would need. Also, Jesus did speak Aramaic as well as Hebrew and Greek.
0 Replies

eniac8

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 06:37 pm
Jesus spoke Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew. A lot of people believe "Paid in full" was actually spoken in Greek, when Jesus said it on the cross, because "Tetelastai" was a common stamp of payment in Rome at the time, and more literally translates as "It is finished". I think it could have as likely been in Hebrew or Aramaic. Most manuscripts of the New Testament are Greek, but could likely have been originally recorded in Aramaic. No one knows, and without having the original author present to ask them, we have no way of telling what language it was in. Either way, I'd like to find the Aramaic translation of "paid in full" or/and "it is finished" because I am also considering this as a tatoo. If anyone knows, please tell me. Thanks!
0 Replies