Do I have a slight form of epilepsy?

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 10:00 pm
Since I was young, about 5, I've always noticed that when I was in a car and I passed by flashes of sun I would have like a very small lack of awareness/dizziness for a split second. I would say I've noticed it more and it's gotten worse when I've got older, now 18. The exact same happens around strobe lights, I feel like I just lose my memory for a small second and I takes me a tiny bit to get back to normal. I've only ever noticed it around strobe lights and the sun flashing when travelling. I've had bad headaches and migraines also for the past 2 years and I have no idea if this is related. A few months ago I was travelling by train and it for that bad that this happened again but it was worse and all my muscles in my body started to twitch frantically. I lost control of my body but I wasn't unconscious. As soon as the flashing stopped I would return back to normal, still feeling dazed however. I have always wondered what I should do and if this is anything serious. I've went to the doctors about my headaches and about this. With my headaches they said to just take painkillers when they happened and they kind of just shrugged of the full other thing. They just said it wasn't damaging and there wasn't enough problems to look into it. I'm just looking for any information anybody can give me really.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 907 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 08:21 am
@Jackj9476,
I am not a doctor.

Go back to yours and ask about light sensitivity headaches. This article is about migraines (which you don't seem to have - but again, I'm not a doctor), but I think it's on the right track - http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/headaches-migraines-and-nausea
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:50 am
@Jackj9476,
Hey

There are a lot of kinds of epilepsy out there. The best way for you to find out if your're suffering from any is to get yourself diagnosed. What you have seems to be absence epilepsy but like what i said it's better if you get fully assessed by a clinician. Don't worry there are numerous medication and alternative medicines for this kind of disorder.
0 Replies