Puppy Potty Training Help!

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 05:52 am
I am at my wits end and was wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem... I got a GSD puppy at 8 weeks, she is 12 weeks now, if someone is home she goes to the door and sits and waits to be let out to go potty. At night/daytime crate times it is a different story.... she used to pee every night on her blankets, I bleached and washed them and she still peed. I removed the blankets so let her sleep on her hard plastic bottom, she still pees and lays in it no matter how many times I take her out at night! Before anyone suggests crate size she barely has room to turn around... I limit her water through the day and no water now 4 hours before bedtime, nothing works and obviously you can imagine that scent in that room, she howls to let us know at night for pooping but not peeing, just lays right in it. Help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 876 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:04 am
@tiamm123,
Oy, I feel for you.

I bet you'd both benefit from training, e. g. something like puppy kindergarten.

In the meantime, the smell isn't helping matters, on either end. She thinks it means that it's okay to pee. And as for you, well, you need a gas mask.

You may need to clean the place from top to bottom. Use bleach and not ammonia, as ammonia is a component of urine and she might get confused by that.

May I ask where the crate is? Is it in your bedroom, the front hall, somewhere else? Maybe she's afraid at night (I'm clutching at straws here), if she can't see you.
0 Replies