Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 02:15 pm
Ok so here's a brief summary of my situation. I've been in my current apartment for almost a year and the lease is up. During that time I've been living with the roommate from hell. He does whatever he wants, much of which is completely inconsiderate/rude to me. Mostly its indirect stuff but a number of times he's been a blatant asshole to me. Its been a nightmare but now I'll be moving in my own place very soon... and I want a little payback before I go.

I've taken a look at his life and his possessions and he doesn't have much of either. The only thing that he has that I could mess with that would really stick it to him are his electronics. He has a pc, a laptop, xbox 360, xbox one, and a widescreen monitor. I would like to destroy these. But I can't just use a hammer or something like that. The blame would obviously fall on me and I would have to pay to replace his stuff. I have to do something sneakier that would, at most, put suspicion on me but not enough to prove anything. What I'm thinking of doing is just before I leave, I wait for him to go to work. Then I take the electronics, fill up the bath with water, plug them in(using a surge protector), and dump them in one at a time(either turning them on before or after they hit the water). I empty the tub of water, let his stuff dry for a while, then test to see if they still work. If any do work then I just repeat the process. He works eight hour shifts so I have time.

Here's where I'd like your input. Don't bother telling me to take the high road because I'm committed to doing this. What I need to know is will my plan work the way I intend? I want his stuff ruined without the chance of recovering any of it. Will the water do enough damage that it can't be repaired by a professional? Do I need to rearrange the steps of my plan(like when I turn things on)? If this won't work what else could I do? Keep in mind it has to be something that can't be proven I did and I can successfully deny if taken to court. Money's tight right now so it can't be something expensive to do either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,807 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 02:56 pm
You sound like just as big an "asshole" as you say your room-mate is. Maybe that's why he is rude to you. You sure sound like a f****ing dick. Why should anybody help you with this, prick?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 03:02 pm
@boomstank22,
Excellent!

You electrocuting yourself will be his best prank ever!

(would you mind telling us what city you're in so we can watch for news and giggle when we read about it?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 03:05 pm
@boomstank22,
One thing.

If you don't have tenants insurance now, don't arrange for it. It will be suspicious.

A similar thing was done to my best friend's son. Someone urinated on his computer. It was easy enough to figure out who'd done it (roommate). My best friend's insurance covered her son's gear as he was at uni. That insurer then went after the roommate's parents' insurance to subrogate their costs. It was pretty fantastic in the end. The roommate ended up kicked out of the dorm and on probation at the university.

Yup. Excellent all round.

Friend's kid got all new gear from the insurer.
0 Replies