Revenge, Vengeance, and things of that sort.

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 12:39 pm
When injustice is suffered, vengeance seems like the most justified action, especially when seeing red.
The world, through out the century, has been always been a vicious cycle of hatred and the motto of "you hurt me, I hurt you."

So for example, they spent all this time and resources trying to catch Bin Laden, and so in the raid, why didn't the seals kill the children and the women residing with Osama?
Seeing that these family members, who were very loyal to Osama till his death, has the most potential to use Osama's death as a stepping stone to help radical terrorists or become radical terrorists.
It seems pretty black and white, and the end justifies the mean.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,069 • Replies: 10
No top replies

MrIntegrity

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 01:11 pm
@Rorschach,
I believe the end never really justifiys the means, and in my opinion they should of left bin laden, johnny karma will get him for his wrong doings sooner or later. It's not really the responsibility of anyone to do justice for anyone else. If someone want's to do justice or should I say revenge for someone else doing wrong to them personally, then by their own free will they can do what ever they think is justifiable, but at the same time remembing that karma will sort you both out for both deeds done and deeds not done in the long run.
Rorschach

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 01:23 pm
@MrIntegrity,
I believe Karma doesn't exist, just something that people perceive from the so patterns of event that their brain recognizes.

These terrorists can kill children and civilians standing by on the streets without a second thought, and sleep peacefully at night. If karma wad doing its job, senseless violence would have been curved to a minimum.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 02:13 pm
@Rorschach,
The Navy Seals only kill when there is an immediate threat to their safety or country.

Justice is never black and white, there are always shades of gray in between.
You could say an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, or an eye for an eye makes the whole world fair. However you see it is different from how someone else sees it, no pun intended.
Rorschach

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 02:50 pm
@Val Killmore,
Well, how immediate are we talking about?

This is what I see. Islam's teaching in America is closer to the true teachings of Muhammad, than any other time in the history. What I'm saying is not that Muslims are better believers, but that they have an evironment to have access to the pure Islamic teachings, and none of the perverted messages by reckless terror groups.They can live to their fullest moral and social potential in America than Pakistan, Saaudi Arabia, Nigeria, or Iraq.

The Muslim world in the east is too blackened with corruption, patriotism, nationalism, racism, and any other perverted things you can imagine. The light of Islam has been put out in the Muslim world and has been reborn in the heart of the "secular, faithless West."

I've seen it first hand that the Muslim world in the middle east is hopeless, there is nothing you or I can do to stop it.

Serve four years in Iraq for Uncle Sam and see the crazy **** I've seen, then you'll see that the middle east looks pretty black and white.

There are the bad guys who come as "innocent" civilians, and there are us. Trust is deception, seeing grey will likely get you punctured with shrapnel, or shot when you're least expecting it.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:19 pm
@Rorschach,
There seems to be a conspiracy theory that it has do with politicians and their agenda. So connecting the dots, the grunt of the theory is that killing the wives and children would have made it look like slaughter, and possibly hurt Obama's campaign.

I wonder if the Navy Seals are happy with how their President is using them and this issue in some of the policitical ads?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:30 pm
@MrIntegrity,
I do not believe it's about justice so much as getting rid of the leadership of an organization that was created to do harm to America and Americans.

When you remove the leadership of any tyranical or terrorist organization, it reduces their potential for future harm.

Karma will not stop tyrants like Asaad, bin Laden, Mugabi, and Kim Jong Il. They must be stopped from within or without.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your more right than the others.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:41 pm
@MrIntegrity,
I agree with you. I said on a2k, if I remember, after it, that I was glad that was over, but had mixed feelings as I said it.

In my admittedly not popular view, bombings and small strikes and pinpointed assassinations are all instigators for more hate, which often multiplies.

The Way of the World, to quote a play title.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
When you remove the leadership of any tyranical or terrorist organization, it reduces their potential for future harm.
Drones: aka DoD's Hellfire Missile Retirement Program
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:41 pm
@Irishk,
Those are controversial ways to fight wars, but I, personally, have not commented on them, because I'm not sure whether warfare directed through computers and/or direct fighting with the enemy makes any difference. There will always be collateral damage.
0 Replies