vacation... from me?

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:16 pm
, I've been dating for about 3 mouths casually. He's on vacation this week, and he's not able to talk because he's with joys soon and grandmother, but I told him I was anxious about the break and he promised to text me (everyday, but whatever). We already have a date set for when he gets back, and he says the amazing will start then. Okay

So good text Saturday, okay Sunday- I tried to be flirty but he didn't want to play. Nothing yesterday, so I texted "Mondays are still Mondays here. I'm feeling a little overwrought but I'll be okay. Hope yall are having an awesome time." No response. Then I accidentally called, texted immediately "sorry, pocket dial. " then I found out I canceled the call in time so it didn't go thorough.

Anyway, nothing today. Do I text one more time? Text a cute picture tomorrow? Wait until he gets back Thursday night or Friday morning? Or get back on tinder and move on to the next one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,305 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:32 pm
@mistywrb,
Yes - I added to the yes a minute or two later.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:34 pm
@mistywrb,
mistywrb wrote:
We already have a date set for when he gets back

wait til he gets back

jaysus. why is everyone so all contact all the time these days

let him enjoy his vacation and learn to be a little bit more relaxed when you try to be in a casual dating relationship
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:35 pm
@mistywrb,
Yes.

You're not the only one who does this text pestering in this age of phones always at hand, but people need space, not policing about whether he is constantly caring.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:36 pm
@mistywrb,
mistywrb wrote:
I'm feeling a little overwrought but I'll be okay.

wtf

casual dating and you send this?
0 Replies

Raspelle

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:36 pm
@mistywrb,
I would make sure that he is actually on vacation with who he said he was. I would then respond according, if he is with someone who he did not inform you of just leave him, 3 months is not a lot of time invested. You may need to communicate with him about what you all expect in regards to contact. Some ppl just don't like texting bottom line but may like you face to face or on a actual phone convo.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:37 pm
@Raspelle,
Raspelle wrote:

I would make sure that he is actually on vacation with who he said he was.

wtf

seriously. they're dating casually.

there's no commitment and really, none of her business where he is or who he's with. if he wants to tell her, cool. if not, none of her business.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:31 pm
@mistywrb,
My fiancé went away with his daughter not long after we started dating. I noted his text messages were very sparse and not really flirty. Wasn't sure what to think, BUT, I waited for him to return and continue the dating and did not bother him whilst he was on vacation.

Turned out he had the best time with his daughter, given he was separated at the time, just their time out, had a ball but did think about me. And, we continued along with our relationship and the amazing "started then".

Here we are 5 years later getting married.

Space. Don't be so clingy. What will be will be. A few months to a guy means jack ****, it takes months and months to fall further in love. Some woman has sex and automatically assumes she's in a relationship and can dictate what is going to happen next.

No, it does not work that way.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:57 pm
@mistywrb,
just as others say.
¨
It's funny, because just today me and my friend are watching movies when skype goes like *pop* *pop* *pop*... One message after another. From his GF. They are meeting in 2 days, but she needs to tell him something right now despite he does not answer.

Here you can see what happens on the other side of cable. Annoying situation. And these 2 have even serious relationship. You say causal dating? Ts ts... Keep up like that and you might fins yourself in Lets Just Be Nothing position..,
roger

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 05:00 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Vernon of Prague wrote:

Lets Just Be Nothing position..,

Nice phrase.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
there's no commitment and really, none of her business where he is or who he's with. if he wants to tell her, cool. if not, none of her business.

exactly my toughs.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 05:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Raspelle wrote:

I would make sure that he is actually on vacation with who he said he was.

wtf

seriously. they're dating casually.

ehBeth, sometimes you scare me.

My response while reading this, was my lips mouthing "Holy ****"

Not as refined as wtf, but still.
0 Replies

mistywrb

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:03 pm
@mistywrb,
I appreciate the feedback.

So /casual/ confuses me, a lot. No love, no commitment beyond exclusivity, and we see each other about every week and a half. We've talked every day but a few and he always texts me (first, multiple times a day (which is why this is weird to me). He also definitely makes plans (he wants to move in around may, which even I'm like, uh, lets get through this vacation and see).

But I am anxious. We talked about it and he did promise, but I do see that it it was probably an unreasonable expectation
roger

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:53 pm
@mistywrb,
mistywrb wrote:

He also definitely makes plans (he wants to move in around may, which even I'm like, uh, lets get through this vacation and see).

I had a boss that said something like that when offered deals he wouldn't even consider. "Let me kick it around and see what I come up with". That meant no.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:21 pm
@mistywrb,
Honey, he's on a damn vacation!

He's busy doing stuff, having fun. Don't you get that?
Not everything is about you.

When he gets back, he'll have time to tell you all about his trip.

GorDie

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:34 pm
@mistywrb,
if u send a selfie, put a friend in it so u seem like you are living your life. being able to be proud of you for being social and active will make him think better of you and respect you more. Show him you will survive without him. otherwise he will fear that the relationship will drain his social life. make him feel like you're happy all the time. So when your not, it is a big shocker which he needs to fix.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 06:35 am
@chai2,
1) Chai2 hit the point.

2)
Quote:
But I am anxious. We talked about it and he did promise, but I do see that it it was probably an unreasonable expectation

My impression is that you are afraid that he will find somebody else or already has and is forgetting about you. If that is the case (what most likely yes) a) even f that was true, there is nothing you can do about it b) if you are worried just about this, maybe you are not ready for relationship with him? From what you have posted so far, you resemble quite insecure person, what many men find annoying. You should work on your self esteem and/or meet with guys who will more fit you in terms of time committed.

Just my impression. From what have been written.
0 Replies