Just "friends"

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 01:14 pm
So I began this relationship with this great guy. I knew about his past sexual encounters but had no idea that he occasionally hangs out with guys he has slept with. He says that they are just friends but my argument is if they saw something about one another sexually attractive before what is stopping them now. Is it ok for him to have these friends? Am I overreacting?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 364 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 02:53 pm
@Raspelle,
Are you a man? A woman? It's unclear from your post.
Raspelle

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 03:39 pm
@jespah,
I apologize for the confusion, I am a man
vikorr

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:04 pm
@Raspelle,
I don't know if there is any regular poster who is gay, on this forum - I think they would be able to give a better generic answer.

That said, for my 2c worth - the impression I get of it is that gay men can be ah, rather promiscuous (as just one example, the existence of gay beats has no true comparison in the heterosexual world)...whether or not that means a gay guy can't be faithful, I don't know...but it does seem to mean that at least some of them would have slept with a number of their friends.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:08 pm
@Raspelle,
You've got to enter this relationship with trust. If he lets you down so be it, move on and find someone more worthy.

A lot of people are friends with their ex's or have a brief relationship that doesn't work and remain friends.

The key to me of this, is that, you stated " he occasionally hangs out with guys he has slept with". That to me suggests they were just there at that time nothing serious in it.

However, having said this what do you mean by his past sexual encounters? You make it sound like there were "many". Perhaps as single there were, perhaps in a relationship he's faithful. All you can do is 1) ask him if he will be and 2) ask him to be or leave as you don't believe in cheating.
Raspelle

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That actually helped, thank you so much for your reply.
0 Replies

Raspelle

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:47 pm
@vikorr,
Thank you! I have heard the same things in regards to promiscuity. Being fairly new to this I just am not sure of all the details of this lifestyle.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 06:17 pm
@Raspelle,
Do you have sex with everyone you find sexually attractive?

I don't. I can be friends with people I find sexually attractive, or was once sexually attracted to.

_________

If you aren't comfortable with your new guy being friends with people he had sex with in the past you have to tell him it's a deal-breaker, and be prepared for your relationship to end.
Raspelle

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't think it is who you are attracted to but if there was something that made a person sleep with them before there may be a high risk that it could happen again. However I have taken the advice of others and most importantly followed my heart and it tells me to trust the situation but if anything happens then I have to respond accordingly.
0 Replies