Getting too close to wild animals

chai2

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 06:46 pm
@chai2,
The following from the documentary.

This scene has nothing to do with the bears.
To me it shows his feelings toward nature, and apparantly, some of natures feelings for him.

He was more than someone that just got eaten by bears.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 08:02 am
@chai2,
Here is another man that thinks bears love him....

Meet 'the bear whisperer': Canadian man claims bears 'adopted him' when he was playing hide and seek as a boy... and they now trust him to feed and stroke them

Standing more than 6ft tall and weighing up to 600lbs, it is easy to see why the average person might flee if they ever encountered a black bear in the Canadian woods.

But not Richard Goguen, 57, who claims to have formed a deep connection with the animals, and now gives tours of New Brunswick woodland, promising he can lure them out of hiding.

His bond with them is so intense that he is widely known as 'The Bear Whisperer', getting close enough to feed the wild animals out of the palm of his hand.

He said: 'They are friends to me and I am friends to them. We get along very well and they seem extremely comfortable around me.'

Richard says his unique connection with the bears goes back to when he was a small boy and a fearsome black bear approached him while he was playing a game of 'hide and seek'

He said: 'I was playing with my friends in the woods when I was around five or six; I was hiding from them when a bear came up behind me.

'I just did not feel scared. The bear came up to me like I was its mother. It was like I made a new friend there and then.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3150904/The-bear-whisperer-Canada-Man-says-friends-deadly-creatures-childhood.html#ixzz3fP2TXEDq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 09:18 am
@Linkat,
bears have this innate intelligence that is accompanied by a series of menu favorites that include human parts on occasion. I get to walk in the woods on my job and, Im often alone with a cell phone that probably wont work even if I need help. So, I carry a 40 cal pistol in a speed holster that tucks into the small of the back. I also always wear "painter pants" of heavy duck (ticks are the real problem out there) and in which I usually carry two auto flares.

Years ago, when I was so taught by another field guy (my uncle) I was walking in a minreal prospect in Eastern W Va. It was late Augist and a black bear was snuffling about an he kept pace with me and every so often wpuld draw closer and (they have a habit of clomping their teeth together in a motion like an old man whose dentures dont fit right). This clicking sound is a sort of combination warning an a way of testing whether youd be a real problem. I withdrew my pistol an had it on safety. I came about his upside so that any smells would go his way. I lay the pistol down and fired up a flare an just let it burn and produce that acrid sulfurous smke.
The bear began to back off and still, he followed me a;ll the way back to where I hd my vehicle parked.
I had my pistol ready for a neck shot and was really scared for my safety. We ended the confrontation with me making it back to the car and I opened the locks by remote and entered the side away from where the bear was(Had the car between me and the bear). I got in, leaned on the horn and started the diesel engine. The bear just scooted off because he knew his limits (This was a bear hunting area, not a state parke where bears hve become used to tourists). Anybody who does not think bears are a potential killer is nuts. I would never ever attempt to get close to any bear without a weapon handy. Even little curious cubs have a mother bear somewhere nearby.
Teadwell was a douche bag with an ego problem. I respected guys like the Craighead brothers who ere arguably the most knowledgeable bear experts (especially with grizzlies and big browns). They always carried bigass weapons when alone n the field. Their studies were heavily dependent upon them both remaining ALIVE
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 09:57 am
Gotta go with fm on this one. Bears just don't respect humans, once the notion strikes them to get surly or hungry for the convenient meat that's before them. Even ones raised in captivity are potential danger. My view, anyway.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 10:06 am
@farmerman,
I agree - I think these people are a bit off their rocker - the thing is all it takes is one swipe of that big paw and you are a goner.

You hear of stories of domestic dogs that have always been docile deciding to bite and harm - a bear is significantly larger and more dangerous (and not domestic) if something just strikes them at the moment you ain't going be able to stop them.
0 Replies