Friend stops talking to me and I'm confused

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:34 am
Ok. So me and my best friend(Both 16, im a guy shes a girl). We talked everyday at school for 45 minutes straight in study hall. It is now summer vacation so we text throughout the days that we don't get to hang out. We seemed inseperable, as do the people around us keep saying. She keeps telling we she loves me and I always have the right things to say, but not in the sense that she wants to be in a boyfriend girlfriend relationship. I also don't want that kind of relationship. I just went on a vacation to the North Woods this week, and during the week she texted me for the first 2 days. And then nothing, not one response for the next five days and she still hasn't responded to any of my texts. She says i made her uncomfortable but i couldn't have because I didn't get into any thing personal when I talk to her except for the occasional "what do you like" and "are you feeling ok" because i care about her. So i suspect there is more to why she is not talking to me and I'm pretty sure it's not that time of the month. What can I do or what should I do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 619 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:51 am
@MrGiggles25,
Are you both in the same city?
MrGiggles25

@ehBeth,
Yes
MrGiggles25

@MrGiggles25,
Milwaukee wisconsin (the good part)
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:54 am
@MrGiggles25,
Why not phone her and ask her to meet you some time over the next couple of weeks. Go to a park or something - walk/chat/spend some time together.

Texting is good as far as it goes but without seeing the other person, reading their body language etc, it's hard to know what's going on.

If she doesn't want to see you in person then you'll just have to accept it and move on with your summer.
MrGiggles25

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:58 am
@ehBeth,
I'll try it. Right before i went on vacation i went to her church festival with her. But I suppose i should ask her to go somewhere. I was supposed do do something with her on the 4th of july but I couldn't because my brother is flying in from arizona and I haven't seen him in three years.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 11:02 am
@MrGiggles25,
When you cancelled the July 4th plan, did you make arrangements to do something else? that would have been the best way to keep the friendship momentum going.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 07:59 pm
@MrGiggles25,
Giggles get this. You are imposing on her summer vacation. She is not lonely or bored, or looking for conversation on her Phone. She has things to do, and the last thing she needs is to be reminded of being stuck at school.

She will message you when she does. and do not smother her. But reality is you need to broaden your social group. be less clingy, and be there for her when she wants you. (if you have time (regardless if if you have patience to deal with her needs.))

Otherwise. buck up. be a man. get fit. study. be social. drink. ride. read.

and push come to shove. you will both have new friends and new classes and new SPARES between classes next year that will(probably separate you.) .

If you do not work on your social life next year. you'll have less the year after. so go out and be SWAB. She is still your friend. So do not throw that under the bus.

peace.

and you'll do great for yourself.
0 Replies