Friend wants to stop friendship and be friendly

detour1

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:45 am
Hi yesterday me him ,and the school counselor met together. First the counselor met with me to tell me the change that next school year he only wants to be friendly ,not build a friendship up anymore I had a hard time adjusting to this ,I (basically) have autism but not totally. it took me about 2 hours to calm down. The counselor says he wants to meet together and tell me this. So we met and the counselor asked us where we wants to go with this ,Then he asked him before me and he says friendly I guess ,and then she asked me ,which I was scared to answered I friendly i guess too,i wanted to be friends but the words could not come out. Then the counselor explains what friendly is. So he told me what he wanted ,like i cannot walk to classes anymore ,or sit with him. so i was a very upset ,and the counselor help me express my feelings. Then after a while ,he had to tell me what he thinks of me and he says your cool ,a nice person and its fun getting to know you a little. i had a little smile on my face and then a while later he changed his mind ,he says i could sit with him mon ,and fri at school and still walk him to class. Then he put his arms out and we gave a hug. So then he left and the counselor talked to me and says i think he felt bad and it was nice of him to do that. Then later that day ,i was walking to the bus and he ran to me and we walked together. Btw we are both males. I am not sure i feel kind of guilty ,not sure what to do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 01:16 pm
@detour1,
You need to talk with your counselor about this. Advice over the Internet is usually not that great, but to talk in person with your counselor, who knows your medical and psychological history inside and out, is the best way to go.
detour1

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 02:26 pm
@jespah,
Hi school is out now and the counselor retired ,(she told us this)
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 02:40 pm
Jespah is right – and I don't think she is referring to your school's guidance counselor. Speak with someone who is legitimately/professionally qualified to help you talk about it
jespah

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 02:43 pm
@thack45,
Thanks, thack. I should have been clearer. I definitely mean detour1's personal counselor or therapist.
detour1

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 03:15 pm
@jespah,
She was she was a school psychologist
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 06:28 pm
Didn't you post this before?

"Reading" the situation or clues about relationship can be difficult for some people.
0 Replies