Dubya’s Disorderly Daughters

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 12:15 pm
I guess if Bush is going to use his daughters in his relection campaign, we could comment on how shallow and arrogant they are; like father, like daughters? ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,803 • Replies: 53
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
Irrelevant crap is irrelevant crap. Doesn't matter who tries to use it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 12:34 pm
Who cares?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:08 pm
This is an example of partisan politics at its worse.
0 Replies

tony2481

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:38 pm
I'm sure just about every one of us here got into some mischief in our years, even if we never got caught. Hell I am sure even John (HRS) Kerry's daughters got into some fun in their youger days. News of the First Ofspring is nothing more than entertainment. Would you hold the president responsible for the actions of his children any more than hold them accountable for the actions of him? They are adults and they can do what ever they want.

They paid their fines and did their community service, where your savior, Bill Clinton, pardoned his misfit friends and family. Now which president's actions do you find proper? Nevermind his family!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:10 pm
tony2481 wrote:
I'm sure just about every one of us here got into some mischief in our years, even if we never got caught. Hell I am sure even John (HRS) Kerry's daughters got into some fun in their youger days. News of the First Ofspring is nothing more than entertainment. Would you hold the president responsible for the actions of his children any more than hold them accountable for the actions of him? They are adults and they can do what ever they want.

They paid their fines and did their community service, where your savior, Bill Clinton, pardoned his misfit friends and family. Now which president's actions do you find proper? Nevermind his family!!

Didn't one of Kerry's daughters show up at a Paris fashion show in a sheer blouse that exposed her assets quite nicely?

Of course this has zero bearing on whether or not her father is qualified to be president of the United States.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:17 pm
If an errant offspring was being paid a great deal of money for working on the campaign, then the erring might be news. Otherwise, the press is being manipulated by a muckraking puppetmaster.

Unfortunately, the American Public slavers over gossip about Those in High Places.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 11:29 am
I searched the forum but found no mention of this:

http://www.bartcop.com/jenna-tongue.jpg

With Limpbag having called the Chelsea Clinton the "White House dog", and more recent comments about Alexandra Kerry's "ooky" breasts as revealed by the camera lights at the Cannes Film Festival, it seems perhaps fitting that the Presidential Princesses of bad behavior manage to set themselves up for a little ridicule.

My opinion?

At least Jenna's behavior is improving...

http://www.bartcop.com/jenna-bday.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 11:55 am
Bush might be better off hitting the campaign trail without the twins. Very Happy

My grandmother used to say, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree".
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:43 pm
Actually hearing that the twins are not that wild about their dad's politics and seeing jenna ? stick her tongue out like any other kid makes me feel about them. If they were stuck up they would be tedious.

My daughter just turned 21 today and she is going to florida with some of her friends, I sure hope no one takes pictures of them. (I also hope that she don't get drunk and naked..)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 01:32 pm
Or maybe you would hope that the media and political opportunists would allow for some youthful indiscretion or even serious mistakes and wouldn't smear them all over the internet and message boards.

Kerry's daughter went 'exposed' to a prominant social function obviously intending to get some publicity out of it. We had fun with it, but we weren't as mean as this.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 05:28 pm
I personally feel that the kids of politicians should be off limits even if there are used for campaigning, so this one time I won't argue with you about this being mean. It is mean.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:30 am
bump
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:34 am
revel wrote:
I personally feel that the kids of politicians should be off limits even if there are used for campaigning, so this one time I won't argue with you about this being mean. It is mean.

Agreed.

No good reason for a bump either, IMO.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:37 am
sozobe wrote:
revel wrote:

Agreed.

No good reason for a bump either, IMO.

You obviously missed the point.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:40 am
Quite possibly.

What is it?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:48 am
revel wrote:
I personally feel that the kids of politicians should be off limits even if there are used for campaigning

I've always been a bit puzzled how the media or the opposing camp found it necessary to involve the family of the respective candidate in order to judge the candidate. Same goes for politicians in general. As long as they don't get their extended family hired for a million-dollar counselling contract or something along those lines, they should indeed be off limits.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:01 am
sozobe wrote:
Quite possibly.

What is it?

There are three current threads posted re: Ted Kennedy's kid minor traffic incident.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:04 am
Ted Kennedy's kid is an elected official. Bush's daughters are not. Seems his conduct is fair game. (Although I will grant you that 3 threads is a bit of overkill.....but I wonder how many were started about Cheney's hunting incident.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:42 am
Serious question Rox...

When are you going to run for office so you can show everyone how it's all supposed to be done?
0 Replies