An Open Letter to that Person with a Stick Stuck in their Tuchas

Ionus

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:02 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Everyone who isn't the douchenozzle in question can make it a habit to thumb up anything that appears to have been randomly vandalized by this knobjockey.
I bet the people you dont like will not benefit from this egalitarianism . Me for example . You are just a pack of jerks who are prepared to insult and thumb down but not take it . Cowards, hypocrits and bullies all . I have been thumbed down for years, so has Hawkeye, Bill, and many others . Now the shoe is on the other foot and its hysterical crying, what shall we do to save our poor little delicate egos ? Oh, the horror !
oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 07:45 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I spent some time upthumbing the other day while on a phone call.

I upvote most of the downvotes as I read along in a thread. Since I am scrolling through the thread anyway, it doesn't take any additional time to click an upvote.

Unfortunately the threads that tsarstepan mentioned are ones that I never read.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 07:54 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
You are just a pack of jerks who are prepared to insult and thumb down but not take it . Cowards, hypocrits and bullies all . I have been thumbed down for years, so has Hawkeye, Bill, and many others . Now the shoe is on the other foot and its hysterical crying, what shall we do to save our poor little delicate egos ? Oh, the horror !

It is possible though that the people who have been systematically voting us down are not the same people who are now starting to also be targeted and are starting to complain about it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:13 pm
@oralloy,
the people who seem to have been recently targeted are people who don't participate in politics or religion threads - they seem to be hit as they post in more light-hearted threads along with people who are in all types of threads

it was fairly easy to spot the main thumber/s by watching them start to post and then watch threads get hit with a couple of pages of down-thumbs

________

I totally understand being thumbed down for posting positions/ideas that people disagree with. I don't expect to hear the hallelujah chorus when I disagree with someone.

It's hard to understand someone being thumbed down because they rearranged the letters in a word or posted a photo of a frog.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:14 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
starting to complain about it.

I don't think they have complained about it - though Roberta did note it happening to her.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
it was fairly easy to spot the main thumber/s by watching them start to post and then watch threads get hit with a couple of pages of down-thumbs
So who is it ? Because I am pretty sure I am getting blamed . You do know the Hamsters thumb down posters ?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:20 pm
@Ionus,
I didn't know hamsters had thumbs.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:24 pm
@ehBeth,
I had just finished a post, and it loaded with a thumbs down already . Someone is a speed reader, or Hamsters have thumbs .

I had to look there..you had me going for a moment....
Quote:
Feet
Hamsters have four toes and a basic thumb on each front leg, with five toes on their back leg which are much more developed. Hamsters have feet and sharp claws which are well designed for climbing and digging.
Legs
Hamsters have relatively strong muscles on their hind legs. Perfect for crawling backwards and forwards in the wild through their narrow and winding burrows. Hamsters have quite short legs, making their strut look a little bit like a waddle!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:25 pm
@ehBeth,
So who is it ? Or do you think it is me and are too shy to tell... Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:34 pm
@Ionus,
would it make anything better at A2k?

I don't think so and trying to convince me otherwise would be an exercise in frustration. I can be as stubborn as Jesse (ask dlowan)

I do my upthumbing thing on those neutral/happy threads and <shrug> at the need for anyone to downthumb in those threads.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:03 pm
Here's a theory...take it or leave it. How about someone who wants to try to influence the head Hamster to do his bidding and disable voting function by randomly hitting with down-thumbing any and every thread in sight?

It's possible, right? Remember whoever this person is isn't a genius.
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:44 am
@Ragman,
Its possible...not very well thought out though if it is...going by they never seem to thumb anyone up, its possible . I used to think it was done so I would get the blame, but perhaps thats a little too egocentric . Maybe it is someone who stopped posting and comes on to attack those thought to have driven them away ? It seems to be more than one to me anyway . Just some thoughts .
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:06 am
@Ionus,
Its not like youre a major threat to civilized society, youre more like Barney Fife.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:15 am
@farmerman,
I'd say more Arnold Layne.

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:27 am
@izzythepush,
sounds like they were playing an amplified rubber band for a bass.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:33 am
@farmerman,
NOW HERE IS HOW I PICTURE ANUS.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 05:38 am
This is not an argument, it's abuse:
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 05:39 am
@farmerman,
You should hear some of Syd Barrett's solo work. A mate of mine once described them as 'Songs you sing on the bog.' I've yet to hear a better description.
FBM

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 05:46 am
@izzythepush,
Y'know, in some ways I see David Bowie being more or less the Syd Barrett that survived the drugs.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 05:50 am
@FBM,
David Bowie listed Barrett as an inspiration, he did a cover of See Emily Play, and The Laughing Gnome is in no small part influenced by Barrett's The Gnome.
0 Replies