An Open Letter to that Person with a Stick Stuck in their Tuchas

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Any idea who thumbed you down Frank because I cant see anything wrong with your contribution .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 07:48 pm
@Ionus,
Ha ! Minus 1 . I must be very close to the truth . I take it you old farts dont support your soldiers, going by the attacks I've had on the thread I started . Just goes to show that for all your compassion for homosexuals you really dont care about people at all . It has to be fashionable before you will take it up . Dont forget to mark me down like the good little psychos you all are... Laughing
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 08:03 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
It seems glaringly evident to me that removing the down-thumbing of posts would make the forum appear more credible, not to mention palatable, to anyone who happens upon the site.
You do know it is invisible to non-members, right ?
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 08:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It would also be fine by me if things thumbed up or down were ID'd.
They thumbed you down anonymously again Frank...what does that say about them ? There are more than one, contrary to the whingers here . Or are they so hypocritical they only dont like it when it happens to them ?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 08:40 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
It would also be fine by me if things thumbed up or down were ID'd.
They thumbed you down anonymously again Frank...what does that say about them ? There are more than one, contrary to the whingers here . Or are they so hypocritical they only dont like it when it happens to them ?

You're protesting a too much. Kind of more than implies you're the nutjob pathetically spending hours stalking others who've you considered slighted you on other threads. Seriously?! You're spending so much time on this thread that you claim is a timely trivial waste of time. Kind of hypocritical....
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 08:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I agree with Calamity Jane.

If anyone who normally would "thumb up/down" a comment would simply write a quick note of agreement or disagreement...the entire "thumb" fiasco would go away. As would the anonymity.

You're just missing the point by a few thousand miles. Someone is thumbing down nonpolitical/nonphilosophical posts like pictures of kittens and rainbows. Kind of unnerving in their tenacity against harmless and cute thing. No where in my post did I address thumbing down each other's political debate postings.

There is hardly anything to agree or disagree on those feel good threads.
Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 09:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
You're protesting a too much.
??? Rly ? You launch a thread to protest and then protest that I am protesting too much . What do I have to say to agree with you ? Never noticed the thumbing trend on my posts or is that too egalitarian for your tastes ?
Quote:
Kind of more than implies you're the nutjob pathetically spending hours stalking others who've you considered slighted you on other threads.
I think that's an accusation . At least you have the guts to sort of say so .

Quote:
You're spending so much time on this thread that you claim is a timely trivial waste of time.
Where ? Where did I say this thread is a timely trivial waste of time ?

Quote:
Kind of hypocritical....
I'll go one further . It IS hypocritical of you not to care if the emoes thumb down people but get all riled up when it happens to you . Selfish AND hypocritical .

I noticed this trend some time back, and thought someone was doing it so I would get the blame, and guess what ! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm
I'm surprised all you Whale Marriage Rights and Save the Gays type people didn't protest when you were thumbing others down....it only bothers you when it happens to you ? No wonder you think of yourselves in such lovely terms...you never think . Cheer up though, you have had a hanging court and decided it was me ! Now all you have to is thumb me down because you don't like thumbing down . Wont that be fun ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 12:40 am
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/a1/78/9da1783268afd7fa691a0e50cded1ac7.jpg
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 01:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
The only other thing that I meant to say in my earlier post (about ignoring arseholes) is that if you are aware that a member is well known for being aforementioned a-hole, then plaese try to remember not to quote them when replying, as this then makes their bullshite fully visible once again.

I am aware that directly above this post is a small stack of user ignored (view), so I can only deduce that one of my three ignored people has been awoken and is trying to lure a response.

Look into my eyes people.......Resist......Resist......
Ionus

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 01:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thats exactly what the Nazis did that was so reprehensible . It wasn't that they fired up the ovens, that was a logical consequence of the true evil of ostracising people from the group . Once they were excluded, any claim about them could be made and believed . But Lordyesarse is a British Nazi, and we've had them before, even in the Royal family .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 03:39 am
@tsarstepan,
I didn't miss the point, Steve.

You are missing it.

If the "thumbs up/down" doesn't even work on something like pictures of kittens...what could possibly make you think it works on questions of philosophy, politics or religion?

It is a totally useless piece of nonsense...and anyone paying any attention to it is wasting his/her time.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I didn't miss the point, Steve.

Yes you did. It's one thing to vote down someone's thread in an argument about politics or religion where the debate is quite heated. It's something else entirely to go on a thread and vote every single post down including posters like Letty and Automatic Suzi who have never said anything remotely offensive or confrontational.

I think whoever is doing that might be someone we're not even aware of and it's very poor show.

If someone wants to vote down all of my posts, or yours, then fair enough, we stick our heads above the parapet, and that's part and parcel of having an opinion and defending it. Non combatants like Letty and Suzi should be left alone.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:41 am
@izzythepush,
I did not meet the point, Izzy...and I understand the point you are trying to make. But if the thing does not work for something as inconsequential as a thread about pretty animals...why would anyone suppose it would work for more complicated matters.

In my opinion, voting up or down is a worthless thing. If you like or dislike something...actually write a comment.

Anyway, I'd love to see the up/down thing discontinued...because people actually get worked up over it. In the meantime...I never even look at the ups and downs.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
AT this point, I'd be up for dismantling the thumbs up/down feature.
neologist

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:15 am
What about a score?
number of ups - number of downs?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
That will give an idea of how many had an opinion one way or another.

Just wondering
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
it's very poor show.

It's a damned poor show. I said so to my chauffeur and he said "Quite right Mr. Noirs, Sir."
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:51 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Been caught drinking again?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Been caught drinking again?

Worse. The solitary vice.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:57 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
That's something else you shouldn't do while driving, you must have been going some to get banned.