beautiful but (possibly) tricky woman. What to do?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I never heard of it, osso. Have to google it...
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
One of my favorite movies - not that that should convince you, but worth a look.

First time I saw it, it was a complete surprise.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Now you made me curious. I'll see if I can see it online somewhere....thanks osso Smile
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:41 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Tell her that you consider somebody to be a good dancer when they can do cossack dances with a jump-rope, and that your mother can still do that at age 47.....
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:16 am
@hawkeye10,
Really? Actually she did look a bit sour in the end of the day when I did not respond to her. On the other hand, there are other girls that I am not responding to them as well simply because they don't attract me a single bit. Yet these girls don't look agitated when I later engage conversation. Even more, later in the evening one of the fat girls approached me herself. (as a matter of fact she is very nice gal too, just a bit bigger. No offence to anyone!!)

But you are probably right. I must respond to smiles whith smile. Otherwise I'll get mark Mr. grumpy-dumpy smartypants...
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:19 am
@CalamityJane,
Completely agree. Hey, I don't pick anybody there! They seek out me!

but as a matter of fact there is incredibly beautiful blonde cute young gar I totally want Smile . If I'll have a chance to meet her (she work as trainee in the kitchen) I am totally trying my luck!

Otherwise I am trying to stay professional.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:25 am
@ossobuco,
aye, truth thee speaketh of. Such plaited restaurant tis. Splendid atmosphere those gents spread hither. lest I waste hence not, and I at each moment has't excit'ment with folk. forsooth a joy to beest thither.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I dont now where the person asking comes from, but I have reason to think that America is not too strange re restaurant work.

yes m'lady. I am from Prague. Czech republic has brand of very promiscuous country but I don't know of that. I am a nice guy with (mostly) clean thoughts Smile
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:28 am
@Vernon of Prague,
The conclusion.

So the second Russian girl does not like me, probably. She already refused to exchange our contact and today was rather distant. I am leaving her alone. I will change my job soon as they don't seem to need me. So there is not more to talk about.

I still feel disappointed about it. She is nice, but I does not attract her and we have little in common so there is not much foundation to build friendship on.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 12:27 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
In my previous job there was one woman I really liked. She is incredebly beautiful (at least to me). Everything seemed to work well to the point when I asked her out. She immediately refused and later clearly suggested she has no loving interest in me. As a matter of fact, that hurt much. She knew what I feel and she was very decisive about her action. I've been single most of my life with just a few brief periods of relationships. This is how it always ends - I ask them out and they refuse. Regardless situation, place, time, or woman herself - personality, age...

I know it and I am used to it. Just sayin.... Neutral
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 04:17 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
why it is so difficult to make girl just like you? Sad
Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 04:48 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
I don't want to spam here and probably no one is reading this anymore anyway but if there is one thing that I really miss in my life it is being close to someone. Either a friend or female friend or girlfriend or even family member (I have no brothers or sister)... I just miss it. very much. It burns... Everything else is quite ok and I feel I have things under control but this... this is problem I can't handle...

this is why I like working hard and training even harder. You don't have time and energy to realize these things. Now I am just sitting in my room thinking... and it makes me feel lonely.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:00 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
You seem quite young. Don't you have any friends? I mean aside from a love interest? Looking for someone because you feel lonely makes you too needy, that's usually the kiss of death. Get out and get some friends - male and female - and enjoy yourself.
Vernon of Prague

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 05:21 am
@CalamityJane,
I am 27. And I have quite some friends or maybe acquaintances. Having somebody to speak with is usually not a major problem. But there are things in life that friends in general cannot give you - sharing your inner life and personality with somebody. Having someone who you can speak not only when things are ok, but also when your heart is aching and you need to hear "it will be all right again". It can be family, soulmate or close friend. I have none.

that's why I post here. I just need the feeling somebody hears me. Regardless of reaction. After all I believe my cause is understandable.

And thank you for all your replies, Calamity Jane.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 11:48 am
@Vernon of Prague,
Vernon of Prague wrote:

I don't want to spam here and probably no one is reading this anymore anyway but if there is one thing that I really miss in my life it is being close to someone. Either a friend or female friend or girlfriend or even family member (I have no brothers or sister)... I just miss it. very much. It burns... Everything else is quite ok and I feel I have things under control but this... this is problem I can't handle...

this is why I like working hard and training even harder. You don't have time and energy to realize these things. Now I am just sitting in my room thinking... and it makes me feel lonely.

I hear you. I went through that from ages 20 to 22. I would hate to have been still dealing with it at 27.

All you need is the love of one woman, but you lack the social skills to get there.

I wish I had a answer for you. In my case a woman who was even more messed up than me latched on to me. That was 30 years ago, and she is still with me.

good luck.
Vernon of Prague

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Thank you hawkeye10, it means much for me!

as a matter of fact, I feel fine again Smile Today was a good day: that nice Russian girl actually likes me. I don't know why I sometimes feel so insecure and think that women will push my aside for no reason. Probably habits of the past... Nevertheless, we had a nice conversation I tried to be as much gentlemen as possible and she liked it, what makes me feel very good. I like her quite a lot , so I hope I'll (finally) make a good female friend. The "crazy Russian Smile " got fired as I have heard because of some conflict with managers. Considering how bad some people behave there, I believe it was not her fault but theirs. Curious thing is suddenly I miss her Smile Neutral Sad . She scared me a bit, but after all she just wanted to be nice and impress a little. I think I will ask managers to send halo for me and contact for me - just in case Smile

And I switched from errand boy position to hostess. I am (I believe) very good with customers, so I feel finally confident and mostly I feel I do a good job. That is VERY important for me!

The only sad thing are some people around - I have never seen so bad leadership and teamwork skill as there. 5 star hotel and restaurant, the very centre of Prague worth of millions and some people there are nothing but a ruthless teenage-minded troublemakers. Showing frown faces at customers, cursing at them, insulting co-workers. You invest millions to the restaurant but employ cheap and bad people. Why? How???
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:21 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
I think that's the best solution for now - being friends with the Russian girl.
If it evolves to something more you'll know, but for now stay on a friend level.

Well, the manager will have to be held accountable if the restaurant doesn't have good service. It's his leadership that will make or break it. Prague has many nice hotels, it's a beautiful city with many, many tourists. I loved it there and everyone was very friendly.

I also had noticed that people go out for a drink after work - mostly co-workers or friends. They spend an hour or two together and then go home.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:25 am
@Vernon of Prague,
So the great news of the day

Big badda boss is very happy about me being a pretty hostess. Today I have my first paid shift. They even called me to get there ASAP.

Feels good being appreciated again!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 10:26 am
@Vernon of Prague,
There you go.....congratulations!
Vernon of Prague

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 04:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you very much. So today was my first day "for real"... I was expected to bring approximately 10-15 customers on average to the restaurant. I brought 55. . But I will not able to work there much longer. Quite some people there are unbearable and impossible to work with.... I experienced this situation in previous job - it's impossible to change them and you cannot fire them because you destroy the whole team. So it is I who will be leaving and seeking better work place.

What burdens me now are my roomates. I wanted to create nice life here - meeting, eating together, talking, having fun. Something like in Friends series. Just place where you live with good people, friends. But they don't seem to care about each other. They just live all alone but in one flat. I feel more alone then yesterday when there was nobody. I should change this flat as well but I don't know where else to go.... For 4000 KCZ per month you wont find flat with awesome young techies or start up owners.

Anyway, thank you for your attention people (friends?). I feel much better with you. Calamity Jane, hawkeye10, and others. In times like there it hurts me not having people to share ideals, goals, but at least I have good feeling from myself for doing good job and being worthy person... Neutral