What Do They Mean, Nobody Knew About Hastert?

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 12:16 am
Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert is on trial for paying off someone he sexually abused as a child. Republicans are swearing that they never heard about it. Yet I seem to remember plenty of rumors about Hastert and alleged homosexual activity quite a few years ago, and this was before gay rights was accepted as it is now. I've even heard a few rumors about Hastert and his stint as a wrestling coach. Homosexual sex is not the same as child abuse of course, but at the time I heard the rumors-rumors I didn't particularly believe at the time-gay sex even with adults by the Speaker of the House would have been considered scandalous by conservatives. And there were even some rumors about sex with the students when he was a coach.

At the time, even though he was a member of the party I oppose, I thought those on this message board who posted about this were just partisan trolls who were looking to drum up scandals against the GOP to counter all the scandal conservatives were drumming up about the Democrats. Now I know those anti-Hastert "trolls" were correct. Yet conservatives are still maintaining that they had no idea there was anything amiss at all about Denny Hastert. Who are they kidding?

Washington (CNN)Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert was paying a former student to keep quiet about allegations of sexual abuse from the time when Hastert was a teacher and wrestling coach in Illinois, two sources with knowledge of the federal government investigation told CNN on Friday afternoon.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/politics/dennis-hastert-indictment-questions/?iid=ob_article_topstories_pool&iref=obnetwork

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 01:20 am
@Blickers,
I have no idea as to who these people are, but I sense your anger and wish to demonstrate my support as I too hate wrestling.

Wrestling should be banned, imo, especially if it involves more than one contestant. Unless there is jelly (jello?) involved, of course.

And stout Austrian ladies.

<waves support placard anyway>
glitterbag

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 02:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
You are such a scamp. Made me laugh.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 06:44 am
@Lordyaswas,
On a more serious note, Dennis Hastert formerly was the speaker of the House of representative, during the impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton. First we had Newt Gingrich, however he had to resign after it was revealed he was having an affair with a women who would become his third wife while cheating on his second wife, and wife number 2 was the women he was boinking while married to his first wife. He was replaced by Bob Livingston, who had to resign because the press found out he was boinking a lobbyist. He was replaced by Congressman Henry Hynd (I think that's the right spelling) who had a lengthy affair at age 43 while married. He might have squeeked by if he hadn't chosen to refer to it as a youthful indiscretion. Finally we get Dennis Hastert who read the articles of impeachment, condemning Clinton as an immoral man not fit to be President of these United States.

So now it's 2015 and he is being indicted for lying to the FBI about the reason he had been paying 3. Something million U.S. greenbacks to a former student so that the student wouldn't blab about the homosexual affair he was having with the male student and apparently was very fond of adolescents he coached, Ta Da,

The republicans were so anxious to examine Clinton's sexual activities, they rotated 4 speakers (with sorry pasts) to accuse Clinton of immorality. It would be funny if it wasn't true.
engineer

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 11:29 am
@Blickers,
Looks like Hastert is going to take a plea deal in order to not talk about his "bad acts" in court.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolasmedinamora/hastert-considering-plea-deal-in-hush-money-case#.ocLvdkPOZ
RABEL222

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:34 pm
@engineer,
Politicians seem to be able to get more justice than the average citizen.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:40 pm
@engineer,
Much obliged. I must say, for a guy who was Speaker of the House not too long ago, this isn't getting much attention.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:43 pm
@glitterbag,
The thing that gets me was that on this forum, while Hastert was Speaker, people were talking about this very thing. And it takes a decade for the people in Washington to find out about it?
0 Replies