Beau Biden succumbs to brain tumor

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:19 am
The son of Vice President Biden died late in the evening of 30 May 2015. He had been receiving treatment for a brain tumor but unfortunately, he lost that battle. This is the 3rd child of Joe Biden to die prematurely. What a sad outcome for the family of Beau Biden.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 07:36 am
@glitterbag,
Rest in Peace, Beau.

I remember reading about him some years ago. I don't remember details but do remember thinking he was an interesting, good, man.
Ragman

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 08:03 am
@ossobuco,
I just read that he had quite an amazing military record and was an heroic man (awarded a Bronze Star for his service in Iraq).
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:12 am
This is so sad. It's a tragic loss of an outstanding man in the prime of his life.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/us/politics/joseph-r-biden-iii-vice-presidents-son-beau-dies-at-46.html?hpw&rref=obituaries&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

And it's particularly tragic that this will be the second time Vice President Biden will have to bury one of his children. The outpouring of grief for him appears to be very genuine.
Beau Biden’s Death Triggers an Outpouring of Grief
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/01/us/beau-bidens-death-triggers-an-outpouring-of-grief.html?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Thoughts are with the Biden family at this painful and difficult time.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 01:42 pm
@firefly,
I saw a little of the service for Beau Biden last night on the 'news', it was hard to watch. It was dignified, but I was a basket case. I can't imagine how large the hole in the heart is for his family.
Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 04:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Beau Biden was a good man. May he RIP. I feel so bad for his (or any) family going through such a loss.

VP Biden has had some of the worst family tragedies in his life. **** luck.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 07:27 pm
@Ragman,
No one should have to bury their children.
0 Replies