Why is he ignoring me? Guys help me out!

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 01:30 pm
Hi, so this might be kind of long but I'll try to make it as clear and concise as possible. I really appreciate any help! Please read the whole thing through, I know its all lot but its everything you need to know.
So here's the story. I've known him for about 8 months. We've had a really close relationship for a long time. For the first 6 months we were just best friends (he had a gf). I could tell him anything, he could tell me anything, talked all the time, knew everything about each other. We really got along well. He asked me to prom the same day he broke up with his gf. I agreed but didn't intend on a dating relationship besides just that, I knew it was too early for him. But then we pretty much started dating, he took the lead. Held my hand first, kissed me first, called me his gf first. All of that he did first and I didn't ever rush him into this. He told me he was really over his last relationship so i guess i took his word for it. Everything was going well basically.
Then a week ago I woke up to a text from him telling me he was ending our relationship. He said he was sorry but after he broke up with his last gf it was too fast and he "didn't feel it anymore".
I texted him back and told him I thought it was too early for him and wanted him to wait. He just replied " sorry". I told him that this sicked because I didn't know if we would still be friends and he said "we can be, I just don't want to date" and I said "okay". That was the end of the conversation I guess. Still being hurt I later texted him that night and asked if we could talk. He read the text and ignored it.
Well I've left him alone ever since and I'm pretty much over it now. I'm not mad at all about the relationship ending. I absolutely understand his reasons and think he made a good decision. We only dated for like 2 months and I just want to go back to being good friends like before, I don't think this needs to be as big of a deal as he's making it seem. But I don't understand why he's ignoring me? This was my first relationship so I don't exactly understand. Is this what you're supposed to do? Break up with someone and then pretend they don't exist anymore? We didn't end on bad terms so I don't see what the point of his behavior is. I need help understanding this and what I should do. Thanks so much for all of the help!
(Btw if it helps, I'm 17 and he's 16)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,159 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 01:58 pm
He really wasn't ready for any kind of girlfriend relationship. He moved too fast; you were too accommodating.

It's hard going back to friends after all that rushing you. He can't, actually, he's hiding because he can't face you.

Let it go. Don't text him anymore. He knows where you are, if he wants to connect with you he know how and what to do.

Find another guy and go SLOWLY into a relationship.

CunningFox

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 02:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
That's really good advice, thank you.
0 Replies