Holy Crap! Drugs, and wild animals in my bed!

cjhsa

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
Yesterday I was prescribed two drugs for a pinched nerve in my neck, Indocin and Anitriptyline. The latter is an anti-depressant in higher dosages, but I was given the lowest possible dosage, 10mg. I was told to take it just before bedtime.

In the middle of the night, a large wild animal of some sort jumped in bed with me. I flailed wildly but it kept stepping on me. Finally it jumped off, only to jump back on again. Again I flailed, and again it jumped off without biting me. Then I suddenly sat semi-upright, looked around, and saw...nothing. I was now awake.

Haven't had a nightmare like that in years. It was so real it wasn't funny at all.

Edited to add: Thankfully the wife is out of town, or I probably would've smacked her repeatedly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,742 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 02:43 pm
Yikes!

let's hope it wasn't an incubus. I hear it's damned uncomfortable for men to have babies.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 02:44 pm
It's the indocin doing its "thing". The amitriptyline does not take effect for a few weeks.

If the serious side effects continue, be sure to tell your doctor.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/indometh_ad.htm
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:55 pm
Jeez, and from your title, I was almost envious! Wink
0 Replies