Gathering in Florida?

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:47 am
We've got nice dry 18°F here in southern Germany...sunny, but verra verra cold! For me as a swede, too!

Saw the post about a gathering in Boston, can't we have one in Fla. in the end of march? Me and urs53 are going over then!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 41,609 • Replies: 1,050
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 09:39 am
Can't commit on short notice, bigdice, but would certainly consider it. I've been wanting to meet the Florida gang for a long time now, anyway: Misti, Rae, Phoenix, Letty, and who knows how many others. Check in with Rae, by the way. She may get some improvement on a hotel rate.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 09:55 am
Gonna split off the posts on gathering in Florida and move 'em to North America. Hang on.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 10:40 am
Thanks, jespah, and yes, it would be cool the meet the cocoa and daytona beach party people! yesyes, the whole Florida gang, of course.

urs53 would like this very much, I'm sure... I'll ask her later....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 11:10 am
We'll be shivering in Boston, and thinking of all of you.... :-D
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:39 pm
Just let me know, folks.....Cheap, cheap rates available.....for the best kept secret in Brevard County......my hotel! (Our restaurant won the award for best steak and seafood in the county.....hint, hint.....)
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 10:27 pm
Let's see, who else is there? fatima, mycurmudgeon, babsatamelia,...I would bet there are enough to have a beach party with full volleyball teams on both sides of the net!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 10:29 pm
Beach party? Volleyball? Uh oh.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:30 am
I'm listening, I'm listening!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:36 am
Well, give me a minute! Still not fully committed, but definately interested. I will definately check my calendar over the weekend. Can we squeeze bigdice for a definate date range? I have a bi-weekly payroll to grind out, which is a chore that can't be denied. And no, nobody around here is dumb enough to learn how to do it.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:40 am
hey roger, don't forget to cut a check for me, ok buddy :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:51 am
Not a problem, if you can handle an out of state check. It'll be drawn against the East Bank of the Mississippi.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:53 am
Evil or Very Mad

Very Happy
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 08:26 am
We'll probably leave for Florida in the last weekend of march. It depends on what the missus' job calendar says, we'll know next week, for sure. We still haven't decided where to, but keep talking about those rates, Rae!

And Rae, we love seafood A LOT! What's your specialty? tell me tell me! I miss alot of that stuff here, but back in Sweden I was never far from a seafood-restaurant, since Gothenburg's a port-city.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 08:56 am
Bigdice, I don't see why we couldn't meet in late March, even if some of us meet sooner. We aren't limited to one meeting.
I do hope it works out, meeting a2kers is a special treat.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 09:11 am
Hey Diane, thanks!

Are you coming too? I just checked the Cocoa Beach homepage, it looks real nice, I must say!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 04:55 pm
bigdice ~ if the hotel is not sold out (ha!), I might be able to get an employee discount for anyone who needs a room.

According to Chef Jon, everything on the menu is a specialty.

March works for me! January and February, too!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 05:07 pm
Did you say $25 bucks a night? Now you are talking my language. This is sounding more interesting by the minute!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 05:10 pm
Yippee!!!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 06:00 pm
Don't suppose anyone has good connections with an airline, supposing we could guess who might still be in business two months from now.
0 Replies