Cheating?

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 12:43 pm
Hi, My boyfriend and I are back on good terms after a rough patch. But i'm worried that he's cheated. He told me he had been robbed, his phone and wallet. I then found out that he had his phone and wallet and he came up with an excuse that he just lied and didn't know how to stop telling the lie. I confronted him about it and he told me that, but I asked if could look at his phone which both phones were off and his reply was if you look through my phone we're finished because I haven't cheated. Just wondering does this sound like he has cheated on me and doesn't want to hurt me by telling me or am I over-thinking?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 774 • Replies: 8
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:19 pm
@despicableme22,
Only he knows if he's cheated or not.

As for you - it shows that you a) distrust your boyfriend and b) are a snoop.
Why would you want to look through his phone? To satisfy your suspicion?
If you don't trust him now, you never will.
0 Replies

despicableme22

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:32 pm
He lied to me about his phone and wallet getting robbed and the story didn't make sense at all so that's why I looked
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:38 pm
@despicableme22,
Regardless if he lies or not, you have to determine if you can be with
someone you distrust. There will be many more incidences where you'll
question his honesty and don't trust him. Once you lose trust in someone,
it's extremely hard to regain it and it seems your boyfriend is not helping you - on the contrary: he continues to be dishonest.
chai2

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:46 pm
@despicableme22,
despicableme22 wrote:

He lied to me about his phone and wallet getting robbed and the story didn't make sense at all so that's why I looked

My mama used to say "Two wrongs don't make a right"
George

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:52 pm
@chai2,
. . . but three lefts do
0 Replies

despicableme22

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
any idea why he might have continued lying on the subject of his phone being robbed ?
Ragman

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 02:25 pm
@despicableme22,
How could we advise you with any sort of certainty? We can't read his mind.

Only you can determine that by talking it over with him. Explain to him that because he has admitted to lying, he's on shaky ground as far as his credibility goes.

So let me ask you this: why would he lie to you at all? (unless he cheated)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 02:26 pm
@despicableme22,
Who knows?

The lie is weird, I'll grant you that. I'd be a lot more concerned about his need to suddenly make something up. It doesn't necessarily mean he's cheating at all, but it does beg the question about there being other relationship issues.
0 Replies