how can i find my father

swuaveg

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:19 am
Im a 26 year old male from Cali . L.a and for the longest I've ask my mom who my father is but never got a response and now i have a 1year old daughter. And its important for me to tr y and find d my father bcuz he has me a son! And my baby his granddaughter and just need to kno... just to kno all my family were you here from history and just feel completed all i kno is my mother lived in Compton ca. When she was pregnant with me she's a Hispanic female thinking my father is black.Puerto Rican.Cuban.maybe Indian bcuz of my mixed look that i have i was born January 1989
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 952 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 06:17 am
@swuaveg,
Go back to your mother and try again. Be respectful (of course). You want your baby to either know her grandfather or at least know her genetic history. There is a health angle to all of this.

Hopefully, your mother will say more to you.

You can also check your birth certificate. And talk to people who knew your mother at the time of your conception. That is, her siblings (if any), long-term friends, your grandparents if they're still alive, etc. Ask who your mother hung out with or dated.

Don't be surprised if people don't say much, or don't remember much (after all, it's been over a quarter of a century). Don't be surprised if this upsets your mother. Furthermore, don't be shocked if your biological father is dead or in jail, or was married when you were conceived, or was an abuser or even a rapist. Those are often the reasons why nothing is said to someone in your position. I'm sorry, but that is often what happens.

You can also check ancestry.com to at least see if you are mentioned there, but I wouldn't hold my breath regarding seeing information about your biological father there.

Best of luck to you.
swuaveg

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 06:09 pm
@jespah,
@Jeddah thanks . Abd as i was young it was like i kind of demanded tty o kno who he was as i got older i cane correct about yb err situation but still till this day ntn . All my family says is that he was black or cuban or something. And u are true could of been married or any other this i would just like to kno who he was were family history things like tht if he would like to keep contact great if not fine u kno ✌. But it would just bring peace to myself. Im going to try abd ask some family members and my mom again
0 Replies