Why is the scientism a masterpiece of the arrogance

FBM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:00 pm
@Herald,
Better than being a tinfoil-hatter wingnut who makes claims and can't support them with evidence.
Herald

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:04 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Better than being a tinfoil-hatter wingnut who makes claims and can't support them with evidence.
     How can I discuss your strawman of the gaps when you are absolutely unable and helpless to give definition of and to enumerate the Gaps themselves?
FBM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:06 pm
@Herald,
You should've paid attention the first few dozen times instead of http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/lalala_1.gif
Herald

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:15 pm
@FBM,
     You are the evidence - that any retard, having acquired access to the instruments of scientism, cannot stop being arrogant to infinity ... which is actually the theme here.
FBM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:19 pm
@Herald,
The underlying theme is that you're still trying to use the incompleteness of the science as a way to wedge in your alternative hypothesis regarding invisible, teleporting alien/ILF/g0d-thingies. 100% fail. You've got an alternative explanation, let's see your positive evidence for it.
Herald

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:00 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
The underlying theme is that you're still trying to use the incompleteness of the science
     The science is always incomplete, for otherwise it will cease to exist. When it becomes complete it will not have subject or research any more. What I think is that you don't even know what you are talking.
FBM wrote:
... as a way to wedge in your alternative hypothesis regarding invisible, teleporting alien/ILF/g0d-thingies. 100% fail.
     If you are curious to know, your favourite hypothesis of the aliens is not solving anything, for the question remains - who/what has created the aliens, and who/what has created the creator of the aliens etc.
FBM wrote:
You've got an alternative explanation, let's see your positive evidence for it.
     I don't have any alternative explanations. My alternative explanation actually is that the assumptions are unknowable ... and that you are the least one, who is going to make them knowable, by interrogating stochastically on the net whoever you like.
FBM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:02 pm
@Herald,
Blah blah blah red herring blah blah blah. Where's your evidence for your alien/ILF/g0d-thingy?
Herald

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:04 pm
@FBM,
Repeating one and the same strawman to infinity is a sure sigh for someone to be unstoppable retard.
FBM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 11:59 pm
@Herald,
Exact stochastic words to infinity:

Herald wrote:

... my personal are God or some meta-intelligence (string theory) or s.th.; 30% another ILF, sending the designs on the Earth even through some form of teleportation or another form of encoded communication (it might have extinct already by the time the information has came here), and perhaps 25% of the Big Bang and the theory that we are made out of star dust (whatever this might mean) and fused with the time by the Dark Energy and Dark Matter....

Let's see your evidence-based defense of that one.
Herald

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:06 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Let's see your evidence-based defense of that one.
     Unfortunately this is not the theme of this forum. The problem set forth here is: whether somebody repeating a broken record of the aliens to infinity is only arrogant or infinitely arrogant.
FBM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:08 pm
@Herald,
The theme of this forum is Able 2 Know. The theme of this thread is a denialist attack on reason. Not that I expect you to be able to comprehend how reasonable it is to offer counter-arguments and examples in refutation of that theme. Laughing
Herald

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:37 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
The theme of this forum is Able 2 Know.
      ... and the theme of this thread here is: can someone with major in some total pseudo-science, having randomly sharked up to some money and power, could be arrogant to infinity on the grounds of scientism?
FBM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:42 pm
@Herald,
Well, let's see how your alternative to science holds up:

Herald wrote:

... my personal are God or some meta-intelligence (string theory) or s.th.; 30% another ILF, sending the designs on the Earth even through some form of teleportation or another form of encoded communication (it might have extinct already by the time the information has came here), and perhaps 25% of the Big Bang and the theory that we are made out of star dust (whatever this might mean) and fused with the time by the Dark Energy and Dark Matter....

"meta-intelligence (string theory)"

In what way is meta-intelligence equivalent with string theory? They seem to be entirely distinct and unrelated things. One would be an organism or species with highly evolved intelligence, and the other is a mathematical model proposed by humans. Please explain.
Herald

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:28 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
In what way is meta-intelligence equivalent with string theory.
     This thread here is about the danger of scientism as pseudo-scientific method of understanding the world. If you want to discuss the treats of scientism and how to mitigate the risks of dissemination pseudo-knowledge - you are welcome, otherwise just shut up.
FBM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:49 pm
@Herald,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/roll.gif Can you get any more pseudo-sciency than someone who proposes a wild conglomeration of opposing ideas, then refuses to provide evidence to support it? And when valid, reasonable objections are made to it, responding with http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/lalala_1.gif
Herald

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:56 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
... than someone who proposes a wild conglomeration of opposing ideas.
     It is much better to have a conglomeration of ideas than to have no ideas at all. If you want to discuss my beliefs (that I neither confirm nor reject that are the exemplary ones from your favourite broken record) the reputable approach is to state out your own (completed to 100%), where claiming three zeroes is not a complete set of beliefs, for otherwise you have no moral or immoral right to ask about any personal data, of any kind ... with the prupose to misuse with them later on.
     BTW what does that FBM stand for: Facebook Business manager or what? ... or some other standing for free and irresponsible cannibalism with personal data?
FBM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 11:03 pm
@Herald,
The only belief that I'm stating isn't even a belief; it's an explicit observation of your logical self-contradictions and other fallacies, as well as your abject lack of evidence to support your 45%/30%/25% this-that-and/or-the-other, invisible, teleporting alien/ILF/god-thingy-of-the-gaps. Show some evidence and prove me wrong. I'd welcome it.
Herald

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 12:36 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
The only belief that I'm stating isn't even a belief
     You are simply a common liar. Thus for example you believe in the infinite misinterpretation and misuse with other person's personal data in your own benefit.
     Why are you here? Obviously you are not interested in the discussion of any of the three themes. You are interested only in yourself. You don't even participate on the said discussions. You just go there to publish your broken record.
FBM

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 12:39 am
@Herald,
Your thesis is a steaming pile pseudo-intellectual pseudo-science is a prime example of wingnut science denialism, thus discussing it is it's relevant to the OP. Or at least until you provide genuine evidence to support your alien/ILF/god-thingy. Only then will it cease to be a steaming pile of crap. Very Happy
Herald

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 12:45 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Or at least until you provide genuine evidence to support ...
     I will do nothing of the kind, and do you know why? Because I simply dont believe you, don't trust you and I am not sure that your intentions to ask that are undultarated for the purposes of the discussion only and are not intended to be used for something else ... that I don't even want to know what it might be - that is why.
     BTW 'my belief' is not a claim - it is a verification value to statements, and if you are so interested in these hypothetical assumptions, as it was already seen, you may calculate the values for your own belief system- the my one is none of your business.