Sequels We'd Like to See

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:21 pm
FOUND (the sequel to LOST).
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 01:14 pm
Shouldn't the sequel to "E.T." be "ETC"?

And the sequel to "Chocolat" be "Acne"?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:44 am
I like "ETC." But aside from eating chocolate sweetened with cane sugar or corn syrup, it's good for you and isn't a culprit in breaking out with acne. Read Dr. Weil's analysis of chocolate and what it does for mood and other health factors in the body. That's dark chocolate, BTW, not milk chocolate which has lactose in it, another sugar.
0 Replies

FunkyHoward123

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 04:25 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Charlies Angels: Full Frontal Nudity

Im agreeing with you!

Saw 2...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:49 pm
You Saw 2 what?

"STAR WARS 3-1/2: The Attack of the Cloned Movies"

Lucas, running out of plotlines for his epic series and still too proud to actually find anything in the myriads of sci-fi themes from the classic days of sci-fi, has his characters partying out on planet Frontal Lobotomy where Jack Nicholson takes them all on a spaceship tour of the Horsehead Nebula and, thank Gawd, leaves them there.

Ebert: This is worse than death.

Roeper: I liked the new character Pushnose Shortpants.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 11:05 am
Spanking Hot Drunk Asian Chicks (sequel to Sideways)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:20 pm
I'd like to see the scenerio for that f**ck. I mean, that's actually "flick."

How about:

"Sideways II: Upside Down"

The pair drink enough Pinot Noir to make a sperm whale plastered and end up hanging upside down on the rafters in a wine cellar.

Ebert: I was intoxicated by this movie.

Roeper: Gives a new meaning to tipsy, more like topsy turvy.
0 Replies

fab617

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:22 pm
Greetings GW,
I'd like like to see Ebert and Roeper review, "Yet Another Return To The Valley Of The Dolls" Only Ebert should be slipped a pill that makes him forget he wrote it this time.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 09:31 am
"Return" is satire and not that poorly written. I think there was more tongue-in-cheek poking fun at the whole genre that many people did not recognize. Notwithstanding that Ebert is not a screenplay writer and has devoted his life to film history and criticism. I don't believe it makes him a hypocrite, however, to have delved into that one effort.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
I hope this isn't confusing. I was having so much trouble with my recent reincarnation (fab617), I had to change my ISP, and go back to my original moniker last spotted in these parts almost 2 years ago. Embarrassed
Anyhoo, I wasn't casting aspersions on Roger, I'm simply curious about how he and his partner would judge it IF they could do it objectively. The movie happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine.
By the way LW, are you recalling your old buddie yet? Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 01:30 pm
Hey, Boo! I kept getting bounces on your E mail and thought you had departed for Mars on a rocket powered...well, you know. Please PM me with your correct E mail address!

I think Siskel did review "Beyond" but it was kind of a tongue-in-chic (sic) review. Actually, when it's played on cable, it's been with ***'s! The original "Valley of the Dolls" was the real joke and I don't think they meant it to be!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 09:13 pm
That's "three stars," I wasn't being censored. Booman knows I never cuss. Well, I may sometimes do a cuss-along with "Deadwood."
"
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:48 pm
LW,
I see there's a waiting period for sending PM's. So I'm thinking you could send me one, and we should be able to connect from there. I can then give you a brief summary of my two year oddesy.
Speaking of Deadwood..... Has anyone noticed that sprinkled between the cusswords, most of the characters, speak with phraseology akin to that of collegiate english majors. Alyhough unrealistic, it sorta' gives the show Shakespearean flavor.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:53 pm
I'd like to see Spinal Tap II The Revenge of the Herpres Virus.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:19 pm
Actually, the creators of "Deadwood" researched the speech patterns of the Old West thoroughly and particularly camps like Deadwood, including the individual characters according to their background. Not only did a lot of them cuss a blue streak but they did use what sounds like "traditional" educated English. The real Swearengen I believe was well educated but he's a perverse sort who may or may not of made the air turn blue with four letter words. The doc obviously would likely speak in that manner.

Okay, "c***s****r" isn't a four letter word.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 09:46 pm
I think thry take poetic licence with the percentage of people speak that way. But that's okay, because it sets a rhythmic flow, and results in a sonic artwork. Some do it better than others I like West Wing*, in that also, and also the short lived Sports Night*, by the same guy. David Chase, I believe..

*TV series
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:28 pm
It's establishing an atmosphere and I like your characterization of a "sonic artwork."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:24 pm
One for the ladies.

Full Monty II, Donkeyboy Whips It Out
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
From Here to Maternity

Bert Lancaster and Deborah Kerr deal with the consequences of that roll in the surf.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:25 pm
Another sequel to a Sinatra classic:

"The Munchkinurian Candidate"

Frank is an officer who suspects he's been brainwashed by the Wicked Witch of the West and decides to liquify her once again.

Ebert: Although this all takes place in OZ, there are no inmates nor kangaroos in sight.

Roeper: I thought the ending where the Tinman and the Scarecrow get assassinated by the Lion to be way too farfetched.
0 Replies