Baby girl needs help!

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:11 am
Thankyou Everyone for your posts,
I went to see the doctor today and he confimed my suspicions of eczema, he has prescribed some herbal cream and aqueous cream.
Thankyou everyone for your help!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone,

I am really concerned as my baby girl of 9 months has had this rash - even before she started on solids and was only having breast milk. Ive tried using a natural cream on her but this doesnt seem to help and I really dont want to resort to using hydrocortizone cream on her.

The rash is red when irritated (but is just skin color when not irritated) and weeps from her itching it, the rash is also dry. There doesnt seem to be any pimples or anything, it looks alot like eczema. Its on her face and chest, also on the inside of her arms at the joint.

Hope someone can help, the last couple of nights she has been waking up sqeeling and itching.

Thanx!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 918 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:34 am
cheeky_nzgirl - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

It seems to me that you might want to show the rash to your pediatrician. One thing that you DON'T want is for the rash to spread, and turn into a chronic condition. In the case of an infant, if the rash is severe enough to wake her up and cause her distress, it needs to be evaluated by a professional.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:25 am
Please, talk to her doctor ASAP. The rash could be any number of things including an allergic reaction--and allergies can snowball.

Please get in touch with your pediatrician immediately.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:38 am
Yes. let me add my voice to the chorus. Get you to the Dr. immediately.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:20 am
Whenever you have something wrong with your children - especially an infant, call your pediatrician. Sometimes it is something that is currently going around and the doctor will know right away - you may not even have to bring her in. I always call my doctor when my infant gets sick in any way - seeing you are not supposed to administer any type of medication for a child under 2 (read any label even for something as simple as Motrin) without first consulting your doctor.

Before you call your doctor, make sure you have taken the baby's temperature and make note of all symptoms and when they started. Call now! And never feel worried or embarrassed about calling them. I have called several times with even minor questions. Your child's health is worth it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:24 am
Linkat wrote:
Whenever you have something wrong with your children – especially an infant, call your pediatrician. Sometimes it is something that is currently going around and the doctor will know right away – you may not even have to bring her in. I always call my doctor when my infant gets sick in any way – seeing you are not supposed to administer any type of medication for a child under 2 (read any label even for something as simple as Tylenol) without first consulting your doctor.

Before you call your doctor, make sure you have taken the baby’s temperature and make note of all symptoms and when they started. Call now! And never feel worried or embarrassed about calling them. I have called several times with even minor questions. Your child’s health is worth it.

Tylenol? I thought, most MDs were recommending Motrin for young children. By the way, Tylenol is not simple. It can cause excessive liver damage in specific patient populations. It's also been used in thousands/year of attempted suicide cases.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 09:16 am
You are right that Tylenol is not a simple thing. Actually no medicine should be consider simple. How this I edited to change to Motrin! A little better as an example?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 09:47 am
Re: Baby girl needs help!
cheeky_nzgirl wrote:
Thankyou Everyone for your posts,
I went to see the doctor today and he confimed my suspicions of eczema, he has prescribed some herbal cream and aqueous cream.
Thankyou everyone for your help!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone,

I am really concerned as my baby girl of 9 months has had this rash - even before she started on solids and was only having breast milk. Ive tried using a natural cream on her but this doesnt seem to help and I really dont want to resort to using hydrocortizone cream on her.

The rash is red when irritated (but is just skin color when not irritated) and weeps from her itching it, the rash is also dry. There doesnt seem to be any pimples or anything, it looks alot like eczema. Its on her face and chest, also on the inside of her arms at the joint.

Hope someone can help, the last couple of nights she has been waking up sqeeling and itching.

Thanx!!

Just so you know, "natural" creams can often be the most irritating. Plants have a variety of irritants and allergens, and natural products almost always use strong plant fragrances (lavender, peppermint, sage, comfrey... Oils) which can irritate your skin to the point that putting lotion on becomes moot.

If you feel you must go "natural," cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
Definitely have a doctor check it out!!

The symptoms are vague enough that I doubt that even if any of us were qualified we'd be able to diagnose the problem or offer a solution. That's what pediatricians are for... as linkat says, don't be embarrassed!
0 Replies

cheekynzgirl

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:31 pm
Thanks for your help
Hi there,

I am in no way embarrased, I just feel that natural is best, topical steriod creams damage the immune system.

Also thankyou for your advice on the natural creams irritating the skin, I will keep an eye out for this.
I also am in no way closed minded to pharmacutical medicine, I just go with what I think is best and what works.

I have taken my daughter to the doctor and he has prescribed an natural herbal cream for her.

Thankyou for all your posts, I no longer require any help on the matter.

Thanks again,
Simone.
0 Replies