7
   

Nutrition Facts

 
 
gollum
 
Thu 7 May, 2015 03:33 pm
On the Nutrition Facts table on prepared foods packaging is a list substances in the food, with a specification of the number of grams contained by Serving and the "% Daily Value" it provides.

However, in the case of Sugars, only the number of grams is supplied.

Is there no Daily Value recommended for sugar? Why not? Do you know of any a recommended limit for sugar from a respected source??
 
Butrflynet
 
  4  
Thu 7 May, 2015 07:18 pm
@gollum,
Check http://www.diabetes.org/. They probably have something you can use as a guideline. If you haven't already discussed it with your doctor or nutritionist, it is a good idea to do that also since every person's body and medical history is different.
gollum
 
  1  
Thu 7 May, 2015 07:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet-

Thank you.
0 Replies
 
north
 
  0  
Sat 16 May, 2015 04:16 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

On the Nutrition Facts table on prepared foods packaging is a list substances in the food, with a specification of the number of grams contained by Serving and the "% Daily Value" it provides.

However, in the case of Sugars, only the number of grams is supplied.

Is there no Daily Value recommended for sugar? Why not? Do you know of any a recommended limit for sugar from a respected source??


Sugar is NOT good

Go to this site:

www.DrPerlmutter.com

You will be much more informed
ossobuco
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 04:44 pm
@north,
Please consider the Krebs cycle. Too much sugar is not good, not all is bad.
north
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 04:49 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Please consider the Krebs cycle. Too much sugar is not good, not all is bad.


Table sugar is the problem , it is processed . As opposed to fruit or sugar cane .

Still though in moderation
ossobuco
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 05:00 pm
@north,
Have you studied biochemistry? Tell me about your credentials.
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 05:10 pm
@north,
You believe fructose to be a healthy alternative?
north
 
  0  
Sat 16 May, 2015 06:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You believe fructose to be a healthy alternative?


Fructose is a Natural sugar
ossobuco
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 06:06 pm
@north,
That's nice.

Come back and talk when you have read some chemistry.
north
 
  0  
Sat 16 May, 2015 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

That's nice.

Come back and talk when you have read some chemistry.


Why ?
ossobuco
 
  1  
Sat 16 May, 2015 06:11 pm
@north,
Sugar is much the same, including agave honey. Take a course in biochem.

0 Replies
 
JuanitaMiller
 
  0  
Thu 25 Jun, 2015 04:09 am
Well, I think you need to concern with your doctor or nutritionist, i think it is a good idea to do that. Too much sugar is not good. You can take sugar with your tea or any other drink.
0 Replies
 
shifalisharma121ss
 
  0  
Mon 6 May, 2019 06:46 am
@gollum,
cow milk is good for nutrition
0 Replies
 
lillywillams
 
  -1  
Tue 7 May, 2019 11:17 pm
@gollum,
There are so many things from which we can take the nutrition. like vegetables, eggs, supplements etc.
0 Replies
 
kenmiller
 
  -1  
Tue 14 May, 2019 05:39 am
@gollum,
Instead of sugar, use maple syrup. This is my dietitians wording. I am diabetic and trying to loose weight.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Quiznos - Discussion by cjhsa
Should We Eat Our American Neighbours? - Question by mark noble
Favorite Italian Food? - Discussion by cjhsa
The Last Thing You Put In Your Mouth.... - Discussion by Dorothy Parker
Dessert suggestions, please? - Discussion by msolga
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Nutrition Facts
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/15/2019 at 08:25:50