what’s the meaning of stretching.

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 07:38 am
I'd like to know the meaning of stretching. I can't find it in both dictionary and Internet. looking for your answer,thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 570 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 08:07 am
@cynthia9576,
Would I be guessing correctly that you mean stretching your body as an exercise or as an activity? If so, it's to loosen up muscles and joints. As an example, yoga stretching is popular to help people be flexible.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 02:55 pm
@cynthia9576,
It is the continuous form of the verb stretch.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stretch

Other forms can be found here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 04:40 pm
A rare Mesquite sighting . . . i hope you are keeping well.
selectmytutor

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:41 pm
@cynthia9576,
Stretching: It's just to stretch the body part or extend the body body part to make flexible and healthy while doing exercise.
ashleygeller

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 05:20 am
@selectmytutor,
Stretching is the pre-exercise routine, done in order to warm up your body so that you do not get any cramps in muscles.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 09:26 am
There are different kinds of stretching. Artists who work with canvas often stretch ( literally pull and then staple) the canvas over a frame in order to keep the canvas taut for the application of paint.

The dictionary definition can cover other uses of the word than just the matter of stretching your body for flexibility.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 02:40 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks Setanta. I am doing well. I had a bit of a rough patch in '13 with Non Hodgkin-Lymphoma, but that has been in remission for 15 months now. Considering the mileage , I am not complaining Smile. I hope you are keeping well also.
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 02:45 pm
@mesquite,
Hey, Mesquite!

Congrats on your remission.

I'm in that same boat (Mantle-cell lymphoma, an uncommon form of N-HL) diagnosed 20 months ago. After several treatments and procedures, I've been declared in remission for about 9 months now. Congrats and 3 cheers for modern medical science, right? A little bit of will power needed, though
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 03:04 pm
@mesquite,
I'm glad to see you post too, mesquite.
0 Replies