I'm headed south

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:06 pm
Eva wrote:
Montana wrote:
I don't think so. He's very skinny, so I think I can lift him. My son will be with me and I know he'll be happy to help if needed ;-) You could grab his wallet for me when it hits the floor though. Then we can go have a party, his treat ;-)

Whoopee! I got his wallet! Let the party BEGIN!!!

Oh yeah girlfriend :-D I knew I could count on you ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:10 pm
mikey wrote:
The Skellig, 240 Moody St, sister pub of The Burren. It opened a year or so ago where CVS was.

i was on my way to to work in nyc with a list of pubs to stop at with bio and promo info for a few musicians i met in ireland that are visiting the cape on their way to san fran to play. my last stop was the skellig before hitting the road.

so much for plans. i never left waltham til the next day. but we did have a smokin good time. talk about coincidence.

We really did have a great time, didn't we :-D There was lots and lots of laughing that night and I truly needed that. My son thinks Mikey is way cool too :-D

Sorry I made you lose a day though Confused
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:29 pm
yes we did have a good time and it wasn't a day lost.

the funny part was running into my brothers girlfriend and an old friend and neighbor i grew up with that i haven't seen in 35 years that you also know when we went to your old watering hole. small world.

WTF is the "land of fluff" BTW slappy..?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:55 pm
Montana, leave it to me to come in this late, but you do have all my best wishes and admiration for your tenacity. For such a cute little thing, you are one tough little cookie!!

Congratulations!!!

Can't think of a better way to top it all off than meeting the Marvelous Mikey--talk about serendipity!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:18 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=776441#776441

PARTY FOR MONTANA!!! EVERYBODY COME!!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:12 pm
i forgot to mention an important bit of info on my last post....

montana has now been converted from a budweiser drinker to a guinness drinker and all it took was a few sips.

what's that black sh*t your drinking mikey?
guinness.
can i have a sip? that looks good...
sure, have at it but wait a few, till it sets.....
barman looks at me, nods as we both watch her lick the creamy white foam from her upper lip and put the pint down in front of her and not pass it back to me while she stares into somewhere far, far away and then picks up the glass, has another 'sip' and gives it back to me.
i'm gonna have one of those she says
i say D. can you pour this lady her first pint for me?
won't be her last he says.

and he was right,

sorry soze.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:18 am
mikey wrote:
yes we did have a good time and it wasn't a day lost.

the funny part was running into my brothers girlfriend and an old friend and neighbor i grew up with that i haven't seen in 35 years that you also know when we went to your old watering hole. small world.

WTF is the "land of fluff" BTW slappy..?

I couldn't believe you guys knew eachother. The whole day and night turned out to be the best time I've had in a very long time. Hell, I even had a good time in court, LOL Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:28 am
Diane wrote:
Montana, leave it to me to come in this late, but you do have all my best wishes and admiration for your tenacity. For such a cute little thing, you are one tough little cookie!!

Congratulations!!!

Can't think of a better way to top it all off than meeting the Marvelous Mikey--talk about serendipity!

Tthank you so very much dear, sweet Diane. I may do my best to be as nice as I can be, but I do keep my claws sharpened for those times where I tend to need them ;-)

I was beside myself when I realized I was sitting next to Mikey, lol!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:30 am
mikey wrote:
i forgot to mention an important bit of info on my last post....

montana has now been converted from a budweiser drinker to a guinness drinker and all it took was a few sips.

what's that black sh*t your drinking mikey?
guinness.
can i have a sip? that looks good...
sure, have at it but wait a few, till it sets.....
barman looks at me, nods as we both watch her lick the creamy white foam from her upper lip and put the pint down in front of her and not pass it back to me while she stares into somewhere far, far away and then picks up the glass, has another 'sip' and gives it back to me.
i'm gonna have one of those she says
i say D. can you pour this lady her first pint for me?
won't be her last he says.

and he was right,

sorry soze.

That is good stuff :-D
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:06 am
I can't believe you've never had Guinness before...stuff's great.

So...what's land of fluff again?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:15 am
I can't believe it either. When I was bartending, we had Guinness on tap and not once did I ever try it. I always thought it was kind of thick for a beer. Since Mikey was drinking it, I had to try it and I was sold.

Wasn't the land of fluff Boston?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:30 am
I don't know...even though it says I'm from Boston, I actually live about 10-15 minutes outside the city.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
I see why we were all confused then.
0 Replies