I'm headed south

the prince

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:05 am
good luck Montana and may you come back victorious !!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:47 am
Who's watching the cat?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:48 am
gus, I am - so you'd better not have any evil designs on the cat eh...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:51 am
<walks away with disappointed look on face>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:52 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Who's watching the cat?

It's the future Star of the South, gus!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:00 am
Walter was apparently drinking whiskey and speaking in German when he wrote:
It's the future Star of the South, gus!

What the hell does that mean, Walter? And, er.... do you own a cat?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:28 am
No, not really: it's Mrs. Walter, who lives with me, and I definately don't owe her.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:03 am
Good luck, Montana. You'll be in my thoughts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:27 pm
Hey everyone. I'm back and I won :-D

Thank you all for your good vibes ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:33 pm
Woo-hoo!

That's more like it!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:34 pm
Hi Montana; Great news! Thanks for sharing with your A2K Friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:34 pm
That is great news for your son, Montana!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:39 pm
Thanks you guys for all your encouragement and for just being there to lend me your shoulders through it all. The judge was awesome and he saw right through my ex's scam :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:54 pm
Can we have some details? What did the ex try to do? What did the judge say? How was the drive?

Congrats!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:20 pm
i know all the details.

but i've been warned to be silent....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:36 pm
Montana--

Wonderful! Not only are you going to approach solvency, the whole mess is over and done with.

I hope the SOB is writhing in dashed hopes.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:44 pm
If I find out that Montana and I were in the same neighborhood for any of her stay in this area AND I didn't see her, I'll be pretty P'd off.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:01 pm
Ok, so here goes. The The drive down there was long, but not bad. My family friend lawyer insisted on driving into court when I spoke with him the day before my court date. I agreed, although I really didn't need him there and he told me to meet him at the office in the morning alittle after 8am. I get at his office at 7:45 and park myself in his driveway with my medium Dunkin Donuts coffee with extra cream, extra sugar and a Herald newspaper. My lawyer friend opens his office door to wave me in at about 8:05 and I go inside to him telling me that he never filled out a financial report for me that he said he was going to, so he hands it to me to fill it out. I finished filling out the report at around 8:30 and my lawyer ride was still not ready to leave. We don't leave his office until 8:50, when I had to be at the courthouse at 9am. On the way to the courthouse, we hit the worst traffic and he nearly gave me a heart attack whith his driving. I've decided that I don't like men driving when I'm in the car. On the way Jack (Lawyer) starts telling me that I could lose and I could be setting myself up for a fall. Everyone, keep in mind that I didn't hire Jack to represent me in this case. I hired Jack to represent me in my custody case 5 years ago and he insisted on getting involved, free of charge. After talking to him for a short time on the way to court, I decided that I wanted to do this alone and told Jack this. In the mean time, we're late! We finally get there and after already being 20 minutes late, Jack and I argue about which courthouse I needed to go too. He kept on insisting that it was in another courthouse, so he dropped me off at the one he thought it was, but of course it was the wrong one. This really nice lady security guard kept telling me to slow down and not being worried about being late, while showing me how to get to the right courthouse, which is the one I thought in the first place. Then, of course I run 2 blocks to the right courthouse and go flying in there. I look around, but don't see my ex anywhere. I take my papers over to the information desk where they tell me to go into the 3rd courtroom on the 4th floor. I go there, where they tell me that it wasn't there, but on the 2nd floor. I fly down to the second floor, where they tell me that I need to be on the 1st floor (sigh)! Yup, the first floor it was. I then went over to set up a mediation, or whatever they call it. It's 9:40 now and still no ex. When I finished filling out the paper work, I finally spotted my ex rushing in, surprizingly without his wife (first time).

(You guys can read this while I finish the story.)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:10 pm
Still waiting for the climax!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:13 pm
tappity!
0 Replies