I'm headed south

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:19 pm
As my ex rushed by, we glanced at eachother real quick. After I sat waiting for awhile, my ex walks over and says "Hi Gisele", with a grin on his face. I said hi back and he sat down beside me and said I looked nice. Instead of laghing in his face, I thanked him instead. He looked pretty nice himself, but he wasn't hearing that from me ;-)
So, we started talking all this small talk, while I threw in a few questions here and there. I asked him why I needed to force him to do the right thing and of course he came up with all these excuses.
Anyway, my ex and I were being very civil to eachother, for a change and we came to an agreement in mediation. So, all we need to do is go in front of the judge and make it official. When we got in front of the judge, the judge decided that he wasn't comfortable with the agreement because he felt it wasn't fair to me, so he changed the order and set it up so that my ex will have to go into court every now and then to report his wages and I didn't need to be there for them to adjust the child support as they would get my consent over the phone.
I was thrilled with the judges decision, to say the least. My ex wasn't very happy, but who the hell cares, lol.

(Part 3 coming up)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:21 pm
<grinning>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:25 pm
My ex and I get out of the courthouse and start to talk again. He asked me how I was getting home and after I told him I was taking a cab, he told me to take the train with him and that it went right to Waltham. I went and it gave me a chance to talk to him about our son without any arguements. Surprisingly, he agreed with everything I said, but I surely won't hold my breath on seeing any changes.
When my stop came, I shook his hand and walked off the train.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:39 pm
I go back to the hotel, where I decide to go out and celebrate a bit.
I called a cab and decided I wanted to go to my old pub, but first I wanted to check out a few of the new pubs in town.
I ask the cab driver if there were any new pubs in Waltham and he tells me there's a really great new Irish pub on Moody St. I tell him to take me there and he was right. The place is awesome. I go in and sit down figuring I'd only have one beer there since I didn't know anyone there. I sit down at the only seat available at the bar. I'm sitting there admiring what they did with the place when I hear this familiar voice coming from the man beside me. This man was taking to the bartender friend of his describing things in his life that were too familiar. I had to ask the guy what his name was and when he told me, I realized I was sitting next to Mikey. That just blew me away. Of course Mikey and I decided we had to go scope out the bars together, so we took a cab from place to place and we had an absolute blast!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:43 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

Wonderful! Not only are you going to approach solvency, the whole mess is over and done with.

I hope the SOB is writhing in dashed hopes.

Hold your dominion.

Thanks Noddy ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:48 pm
littlek wrote:
If I find out that Montana and I were in the same neighborhood for any of her stay in this area AND I didn't see her, I'll be pretty P'd off.

I swear I wasn't in the neighborhood Littlek. If I was, I would have been running to your door.
It was a very busy 4 days there. I saw some friends that I hadn't seen since I left and the hardest part was leaving them again. The hotel had a indoor pool, so my son dragged me down there every chance he could. I just wish I had had more time to spread myself out more.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 12:25 am
Awesome story Montana. Not often you here about a judge wanting more butt than a woman scorned. Too cool.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:22 am
Way to go, Monty. <big sigh of relief>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Awesome story Montana. Not often you here about a judge wanting more butt than a woman scorned. Too cool.

It was just too cool Bill. The smile on my face as the judge was talking was priceless :-D The judge knew that I was stuck in Canada not being able to go down there at the drop of a dime, so he made sure to set it up as to protect my best interests. It was just soooooooooo awesome that the judge was so understanding of my situation. I walked out of there a very happy camper for sure.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:10 am
roger wrote:
Way to go, Monty. <big sigh of relief>

Thanks Rog :-D
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:17 am
I live 10 minutes from that Irish place in Waltham(if it's the same place) I've heard a ton of good things about, and I haven't even made it yet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:22 am
Mikey will have to tell you the name of it because I don't remember, but the place is awesome. I was very surprised to see the place as busy as it was on a Wed night. The place is right across the street where the old Grover Cronins was. You really should check it out ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 01:32 am
Well done !!! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you !!!

And I looked after yr cat as well Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 02:16 am
Thanks Gautam :-)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:30 am
WTG Montana!

And kudos to Gautam for looking after the cat!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 10:35 am
Y'know, there could be an Irish pub on Moody street, and I'd not notice.

Moody Street is for Indian, not Irish. BBQ, fancy italian, low italian, you name it...

When did Slappy move from the land of Fluff...?
Will I get back on A2K in time to read his response?

Ah well.

Think I was in that same courthouse for much the same seven years ago... and I tell you, it's not fun, but I'm one of the few divorced fathers in the commonwealth that does not have CS withheld from wages. Never missed, rarely a week late... I value my kids too much to let animosity between myself and their mother get in the way (well, most of the time...)

Anyway, congrats! And nest time make it down for a social occasion, will ya?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 12:26 pm
Thanks Bigdice :-D Actually, my mom looked after my kitty, but Gautam had her in his thoughts, so she was protected from all ends :-D

Seal
Thanks :-D I was pretty surprised to see the pub where it was as well, but it is a great location. Good for you for making those child support payments on your own. I truly wish my ex had done the right thing all these years as it would have saved me a lot of grief. My son has lost a lot of respect for his dad for his failure to want to help provide for him and my ex doesn't realize that you can never turn the clock back. I lost count of the times I've been in and out of court with him and I truly hope that this was the last time. I promise that the next time I'm down that way, I'll make it a pleasure trip and make plans with you guys ;-)

Slappy
Yeah, I was wondering that myself.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:36 pm
Montana wrote:
I don't think so. He's very skinny, so I think I can lift him. My son will be with me and I know he'll be happy to help if needed ;-) You could grab his wallet for me when it hits the floor though. Then we can go have a party, his treat ;-)

Whoopee! I got his wallet! Let the party BEGIN!!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:07 pm
The Skellig, 240 Moody St, sister pub of The Burren. It opened a year or so ago where CVS was.

i was on my way to to work in nyc with a list of pubs to stop at with bio and promo info for a few musicians i met in ireland that are visiting the cape on their way to san fran to play. my last stop was the skellig before hitting the road.

so much for plans. i never left waltham til the next day. but we did have a smokin good time. talk about coincidence.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:02 pm
"Land of Fluff?"
0 Replies