marycat

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:31 am
Okay. So it is now Saturday.

What time works for people?

I've got a show to get to at 9 at the Paradise. Other than that, just a whole lot of job hunting to do, connections to make, people to impress, and so on.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:37 am
Well, Im up for sometime this afternoon.....

anyone else??
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:41 am
BTW- if littlek or Seal Poets are going to stop in...lemme know..have flowering jade snips Smile
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:42 am
Okay, so it looks like:
marycat
quinn
hopefully jespah if allergies clear up a little
fishin?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 07:44 am
yes, he says he guesses he'll go too
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:16 am
quinn1 wrote:
yes, he says he guesses he'll go too

what's the big idea, givin' him a vote. Setanta'll be getting ideas now! Confused
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:30 am
teehee
Smile

So I'm counting on quinn, fishin, and jespah, unless I hear otherwise from jes.

Sounds like k, Jerry, Terry, and dag are all busy. Alas. But I understand.

Haven't heard anything from Sugar, though I did hear that she's in hardcore wedding planning and house buying, so I understand. Haven't heard from the Seal Poets either, and they have no excuse!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:59 am
Well then gal...pick a time and we'll go from there I suppose
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:41 am
okay.

4-or-so

Kitty O'Shea's

Everyone should be there! Woohoo!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
EBeth..well, ya know sometimes ya gotta make it look like they have a choice Wink

Okay so...mc got an interview for early afternoon hours.
We shall be meeting her around 4 at Kitty's...if any of ya'll want to show up and have bite, Ill bring snips in case, and well..we'll see you then Smile
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:24 pm
The Seals are away!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:28 pm
Oh--I was not aware. Humm.

Okay then. thanks Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:58 pm
waaaah! I want some snips! How does this 'make him think he has a choice' thing go again? The guy's getting here after 4pm. I still dunno if we could get there. But, I'll keep it open as an option.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 02:12 pm
Eek, oops, I'm too late. I have massive allergies, including very, very weepy eyes and I'm sure I'm exceptionally attractive right now.

'Scuse me, I have to go sneeze several times in a row.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:26 am
Oooh poor jespah.
*hug*

Well, the gathering was a lot of fun. Fishin, quinn, and I had an awesome time, with special rare guest hokun. And I got some flowering jade snips! Which I promise to endeavor not to kill.

Then my friend's band's show was awesome.

I had a great day.

Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:46 pm
Ill have more snips k, no problem Smile

Awe Jes...I know how you feel...Ive been taking alavert 12 hour for weeks now...blah.

Was nice to see and catch up with mc...and it was a fabulous day to go into town. Great to see hokun again also!
You know, I think the most hysterical part of the trip was on the T home...this man that although he didnt look to be to high on the luck scale, didnt look like an absolute loon either....came by Fishin and I saying "NO Thank You" to each of us, and a couple of other guys walking down by the train also...he continued to go on about how we were all "damned" and "sinners" and "Lord Jesus...whatever he was shouting." It really was funny..I think he needed a hug.
I wasnt giving him one but, I wish someone would. Some nice Irish Catholic lady will probably beat him with her purse.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:57 pm
ROFL

Perhaps he's the dude on the recording we were regaled with on the phone earlier this evening. A guy with a heavy Boston accent told us gay marriage is coming and it's an offense to God (gee, if he's got such an in with God and what God likes, maybe he shoulda asked if he'd find a receptive audience at our house). Anyway, they're off to the state house on Thurs. at noon so I figure the Fab Five should be sent there to woo over the very likely extraordinarily ugly (in more ways than one) crowd with fabulous makeovers.

PS Many thanks for the hug, MC - I'm mainlining Claritin these days and am still getting lovely headaches and very wet eyes so perhaps the best thing to do is for me to start going to really shmaltzy films so that at least my weeping will seem appropriate.

I missed ya! When will you be back? Are job prospects good? *hug* and *group hug*!
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
jespah wrote:
ROFL

Perhaps he's the dude on the recording we were regaled with on the phone earlier this evening. A guy with a heavy Boston accent told us gay marriage is coming and it's an offense to God

Interesting. I was in Avon MA today to take my Mom shopping. When she got home the same recording was on her voice mail.

They must be blanketing the electorate with that message.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:07 am
I was hoping for a way to complain but there was no identifying stuff at all in the message and *69 said it was a "private number". The Do-Not Call Registry won't do anything because it's arguably a political message. Argh.
0 Replies