Should I make contact with someone after a few years of not talking to them?

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 06:19 pm
So I was just wondering if I should make contact with a friend(she was my best friend at the time). It's been about 3-4 years since I talked with her. I had to move to another state at the time, but she wrote me a note with her number on it. When I arrived at my new location I decided to hold off on talking with her(really dumb mistake). I'm not sure what it was but I would always hold off on talking to her. It's not like we ended on bad terms, but for some reason I just avoided it. Then after a few months I had lost the note with her number on it and so I just kind let it slide. Now fast forward to the present. One day I was on Facebook and just thought "why don't I look up my friend from a few years ago?" I found her Facebook and here I am. I don't know if I should try to make contact with her again or just let it go. It's been kind of bothering me since I was being a jerk and never talked to her again. The least I would do is apologize but I don't know if I should enter her life again. What do you think I should? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 06:28 pm
@cherryblossom40,
Why not? What have you got to lose?.Was there something emotional going on between you? Did she not know how to reach you...your telephone number?

Send her a note. on FB. What harm can come from it?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 06:29 pm
@cherryblossom40,
She gave you her number so you could call her, you'll never get your answer unless you do Smile

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 07:28 pm
@cherryblossom40,
cherryblossom40 wrote:
I don't know if I should enter her life again.

saying hello on FB is not entering someone's life

you don't know what's going on with her these days - she could have an entirely different life since you were last in touch

but yeah, say hi, it really isn't that big a deal

I've made contact with people I hadn't been in touch with for over 20/30/40 years. No one's life was changed as a result of the contact but it has been fun catching up.
0 Replies

cherryblossom40

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 08:30 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies! I think I am going to message her, it would be nice to just contact her again and see what happens, it's worth a shot!
0 Replies