Bluetooth wants to shut down my internet, no kidding.

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 06:28 pm
They announce that I haven't this or that at the same time freezing my screen.

I am not interested, of course.

I assume my difficulty is that I have a very old iMac, but that doesn't mean I get to be a target from this stuff that appears. Or it does, since my snow leopard is not supported.

If I weren't so persistent, I'd have given up twice now and be gone, since I can't afford computer advice.

Is there some way to shut them up?

This last time it took me five times and fair amount of time to get back to my usual screen.

**** Bluetooth.
I might have liked them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,434 • Replies: 3

jcboy

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 06:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, Can you go into system preference and turn off Bluetooth?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 06:40 pm
@jcboy,
Probably not, my mac is 2006. I'll try and report.

Mac won't support but regular spitfingers move on..

back in a bit.

geez, it was there.
We'll see if I clicked the right buttons.

Thank you.
Did I mention I love you?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:37 pm
just in case anybody else has this problem and finds this thread via google ~~~~~

update: it happened again. Screen went black, dsl out, lightning in the area.
I did the usual takedown of cords in my computer set up, put everything back after a couple of minutes. DSL worked, yay, and there appeared the blue tooth thing. Grrrr.

The good news is that I had again forgotten the main plug (way to hell and gone behind my desk). I pulled the plug, did the whole cord change again, and it worked. No frozen cursor on screen/no big bluetooth note. Big relief.
I probably don't even have to do the cord thing.

So, shutting bluetooth off in my system preferences the last time I posted on this didn't get rid of it - but it doesn't matter since the unplugging did.
0 Replies