Bluetooth Audio Speaker + Windows XP Professional

CDobyns

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 07:04 pm
I'm searching for anyone who has a recommendation for a Bluetooth-enabled audio speaker, that they've had a good experience with, using Windows XP.

I had a less-than-satisfactory experience with an HMDX Jam Classic - where the speaker had a pretty good reputation, but I was never able to get my OS to connect to the speaker via the USB Bluetooth dongle that I had purchased. It was only after contacting the HMDX tech support, that they openly (and sheepishly) acknowledged that their speakers were incompatible with USB Bluetooth dongles. Awesome. Fortunately, I was able to sell the still brand new Jam Classic at work.

That said, I'm still interested in investing in a Bluetooth speaker, but I'm not going to repeat a mistake until I get a positive confirmation from someone, that their model wireless speaker is compatible with their Windows Professional operating system - using a USB Bluetooth dongle.

What do folks recommend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,255 • Replies: 0
No top replies