snood

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 10:49 pm
I find it interesting , the way this thing is getting spun out. If the facts are as I understand them, a DNC server screw up allowed anyone access to the proprietary information of either Dem candidate for a brief window of time. At least one Bernie staffer is confirmed to have looked at, and possibly copied and downloaded information from Hillary's campaign.

BUT, most of the noise I'm hearing is outrage and butt hurt conspiracy claims from Bernie's campaign manager and Bernie scorched earthers.
It's almost as if they felt the need to get out in front if this with accusations, lawsuits and fingers pointed everywhich way, in order to deflect the attention away from BEING CAUGHT CHEATING.

I don't think Bernie had anything to do with it either. I think some people working for him screwed up. And I think some people working for him are screwing up further by not simply admitting wrong and moving on. I think that's what Bernie would do, but maybe things are not being run by Bernie.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 10:55 pm
@snood,
The staffer did admit it, and he was fired.

But you might want to go back and read some more. That's not nearly the whole story. The DNC cut Bernie off from his own paid-for and sourced database. This could have dire consequences. He's suing to save his campaign.

Meanwhile, social media is on fire about it. For thirty minutes, he trended at #1 and has been massing donations.

His campaign is actually doing so well because of this, the Clinton campaign has made an appeal for Sanders to have his data restored tonight.
snood

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

But you might want to go back and read some more. That's not nearly the whole story. The DNC cut Bernie off from his own paid-for and sourced database. This could have dire consequences. He's suing to save his campaign.

Meanwhile, social media is on fire about it. For thirty minutes, he trended at #1 and has been massing donations.

His campaign is actually doing so well because of this, the Clinton campaign has made an appeal for Sanders to have his data restored tonight.

Don't assume you've read any further. You and I would read the same set of facts and come to different conclusions. It was not just one staffer. And had this been Hillary's staff being caught at this, you Bernie scorched earthers would be howling for the guillotine.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:06 pm
@snood,
Cutting his campaign off from it's lifeblood seemed to me to be such a major part of the story, you're correct, I did assume if you knew of it, you definitely wouldn't omit it from your narrative of events.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:10 pm
FYI: Breaking news. Bernie's data to be restored tomorrow morning.

Still sending more money though. Smile
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Cutting his campaign off from it's lifeblood seemed to me to be such a major part of the story, you're correct, I did assume if you knew of it, you definitely wouldn't omit it from your narrative of events.

You call it "cutting off from lifeblood". I call it a necessary and fitting penalty for the misuse of proprietary information. You say the access was returned because Hillary's campaign was intimidated. I look at the same news releases and say that the DNC received verification that the misuse was stopped, so they restored access like they said they would. You see everything through a crazy filter that can't attribute any good motives to anyone but Bernie, and nothing but bad motives to Hillary. It makes you unreasonable, and your opinions unreliable.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:22 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

and more should be fired. There were at least four different accounts that went into the Clinton records.

Mr. Sanders better take a serious look at his campaign staff and their ethics.
Lash

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:39 pm
@snood,
I guess you consider a lot of people unreliable and unreasonable. That's ok.

This is the excerpt where I saw views that mirrored mine.

DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said that on Wednesday the Sanders campaign "inappropriately and systematically" accessed Clinton's data. She rejected Weaver's effort to blame the breach on a software glitch and the actions of a small group of rogue staffers, one of whom was fired.

In response, the DNC temporarily turned off Sanders' access to the database and asked for an accounting of how the information was used and disposed of. Only then will the party make a decision on restoring Sanders' access, she said.

That decision infuriated Weaver, who said the party had cut Sanders' team off from the "lifeblood of any campaign." He added, "It is our information, not the DNC's."

Hours later, the Sanders camp filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Washington seeking an immediate restoration of access to the database. Without it, the lawsuit said, the campaign would lose approximately $600,000 in donations a day.

"It's outrageous to suggest that our campaign 'stole' any data," said Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs. "What is true is the data we collected and need to run a winning campaign is now being stolen from us by a DNC dominated by Clinton people."

Briggs said the campaign hoped to resolve the dispute late Friday night and was "making progress."

Said Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon, "We hope that the court will resolve this matter tonight and the Sanders campaign has access to their voter files right away, with adequate protections of our proprietary information."

The back-and-forth underscored Sanders' attempt to cast himself as an anti-establishment upstart willing to take on Clinton, the unquestioned front-runner for her party's nomination.

Even before the lawsuit was filed, Sanders' campaign sent a fundraising email to supporters that said his "quick rise in the national polls (has) caused the Democratic National Committee to place its thumb on the scales in support of Hillary Clinton's campaign."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/da7e5f2765814506a2519ea03055c1e6/dnc-barring-sanders-team-accessing-data-after-breach
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:42 pm
@ehBeth,
I have heard that there were additional staffers but I have also heard that the fired staffer had created multiple accounts to access the data. Not sure if the accounts to involved staffers ratio is 1:1.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 06:20 am
In essence what has happened is the front door to a home filled with valuable items was left open. One family found the breach (at last check by NBC news, 4 staffers) ; instead of immediately locking the door and calling the police, they entered and stole. When the thieves were discovered, they began making ugly accusations that the home owners were negligent for leaving the door open, and that the whole thing (including the consequences for being caught) was somehow a set up to entrap and thwart them.
As a result of their outrageous accustions of the homeowners, and the lynch mob they rabble roused to attack the homeowners, the punishment for stealing was withdrawn. But the homeowners are still requesting that the matter be looked into further by an independent investigator.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 06:47 am
This sentence from Lash is also informative:

So that apparently is the only reason Lash could come up with for why the Clinton campaign is appealing to have the ban lifted immediately!

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 06:54 am
No holds barred. The Democrat party is splitting. The progressives, for lack of a better descriptor, are attacking Clinton and the DNC, vowing never to vote for HRC.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/18/bernie-sanders-supporters-take-hillary-clintons-facebook-page/

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:00 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

No holds barred. The Democrat party is splitting. The progressives, for lack of a better descriptor, are attacking Clinton and the DNC, vowing never to vote for HRC.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/18/bernie-sanders-supporters-take-hillary-clintons-facebook-page/

You seem very happy about this, Lash. Can almost hear the delight in your written words.

Your dream of destroying the chances of the Democratic Party winning the presidency in 2016 seems to be getting more and more possible.

Well...gloat...and be happy. You, and the other like you working to ensure a Republican victory have been diligent...and you deserve acknowledgement.

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
If we can get three viable parties out of this, the horrific stranglehold on our country is broken. The two party system has run the ship of state aground.

I am excited and hopeful this is the dawn of a new day in American politics.

Wow. Way too much figurative language this morning, but I can't help feeling a bit effusive.

I hope you'll be well-served by it too.

Can't help but laugh at HRC's role in electing the first black president and potentially ending the Dem party as we know it. Imagining how history will explain her.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:34 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If we can get three viable parties out of this, the horrific stranglehold on our country is broken. The two party system has run the ship of state aground.

I am excited and hopeful this is the dawn of a new day in American politics.

Wow. Way too much figurative language this morning, but I can't help feeling a bit effusive.

I hope you'll be well-served by it too.

Can't help but laugh at HRC's role in electing the first black president and potentially ending the Dem party as we know it. Imagining how history will explain her.

Tell ya what, Lash...

...poll your friends and ask:

"If the Democratic Party were to split into two separate parties right now...would you be happy or would you think it a disaster?"

See if you see any difference in the answers coming from the Republican/conservative group...compared with those coming from the Democrat/progressive group.

I'm not sure if you are just kidding in this last post...or if it is the type of gloating you have selected...

...but either way, you are showing delight in the damage you imagine is happening to the progressive agenda...or delight in the help being offered to the regressive agenda.

Whichever it is...I oppose it with every fiber of my body.

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
If you happen to read political talk on reddit, Twitter, or facebook, you can see what they're saying without my particular filter, and understand why a potential short term loss is preferable to the status quo for many progressives.

Your continuing opposition, though, is duly noted.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:48 am
The DNC, which more and more looks like an extension of Hilary Clinton's Election Committee made a terrible miscalculation with this stunt. DWS needs to resign.

From Sanders campaign: access to voter files will be restored Saturday morning.
Source: New York Times

JUST IN: From Sanders campaign: access to voter files will be restored Saturday morning.

Read more: https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/678070602310287360?p=v

UPDATE: An article! http://usuncut.com/politics/breaking-dnc-to-restore-voter-database-to-sanders-campaign/

UPDATE: Another article! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-dnc-data-access-will-be-restored_5674e6cde4b014efe0d5aca2
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:55 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If you happen to read political talk on reddit, Twitter, or facebook, you can see what they're saying without my particular filter, and understand why a potential short term loss is preferable to the status quo for many progressives.

Your continuing opposition, though, is duly noted.

"Potential short term loss!"

We are talking about the Supreme Court of the United States...and we are talking about decades, Lash.

Any progressive hoping that a battle between these two contenders for the nomination ends with the Party being split in two...simply does not understand politics at all.

Lash

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I can't wait to see how much Sanders raised over this.

Great night for a debate. I can't understand how DWS is allowed to continue after showing such open support of one candidate and suppression of another. It's like a really unbelievably contrived dystopian novel.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 08:07 am
@Lash,
Great night, other than its a Saturday night, again, and is this the last Demo debate? I expect Hillary to come out fighting hoping to make Bernie slip up.

The press blackout where for every 2 minutes of Trump we get 8 seconds of Bernie has been reported to be lifting and a primary in less than thirty days will see if Bernie is really so far behind Hillary. My money says its more of a horse race than some claim.

But to be clear: I will support Hillary if she wins at the Convention. But if the DNC finagles Bernie out of any primaries, I will write him in on the first Tuesday of November. If the DNC wants to self immolate like the GOP - I'll help it do so.