A brief recommendation

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:06 am
(Please improve -- or maybe correct -- the recommendation)

Jackie Lee is a full time lawyer and a partner of our office. For meeting the urgent demand of promoting our work, our office decided, after investigation into Jackie Lee, to recommend him to Great Britain to learn English for a year, because of our office, Wenwen Law Office, is a large, integrated and highly professional law office that concerns foreign business, and that the major business of our office is involving foreign legal affairs. Our office has enjoyed high honor from the society.
Hereby, we have particularly furloughed Jackie Lee.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,054 • Replies: 11
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:11 am
Great Ori! When people ask which Law Office I use I can say, "wenwen". They will reply, "now now".

By the way, isn't Jackie Lee the lawyer who was arrested for bookmaking, forgery, grand larceny and jaywalking? Might be a different Jackie Lee.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:31 am
I think that was an interesting coincidence! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:41 pm
I'd like to rewrite this for you, but I'm not sure what some of it ought to mean. Could you rephrase it, please, so that I have a better understanding of what the goal of this piece of writing is?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
yes, what eos said. also, what does "integrated" have to do with it?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:42 pm
Jackie Lee is a full-time lawyer and one of the partners of our office, Wenwen Law Office, which is a large-scale, comprehensive, professional law office that has won high honor from its customers. The main business of the office is about legal affairs concerning foreign clients. Now, because of the demand of our work, we decided recommending Jackie Lee to Britain to study English for a year.

(Signature: CEO of Wenwen Law Office)

PS. integrated = comprehensive = so large in scope or content as to include much
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 02:27 am
Another version (not written by me)

Jackie Lee is one of our company's full-time lawyer, also one of our business partner. Since Wenwen law office is an international, highly professioned and mainly focused on international legal affairs,aslo one of the most prestigious and big integrated law office . So, now for catering to the work, we decided to recommend lawyer Jaekie Lee go to study English in England for one year.Therefore also allow the vacation that needed.
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:46 pm
Jackie Lee is a full time lawyer and a partner in our office. Because our office, Wenwen Law, is a large, integrated and highly professional law office that deals mainly in foreign business and foreign legal affairs, we have a distinct need for employees trained thoroughly in English. After some review, we have decided to recommend Jackie Lee for a year's study of English in England.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 10:39 pm
Well done, Eos.

But the office wanted to tout their office as a prestigious one, you've missed out the point.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 11:03 pm
Jackie Lee is a full time lawyer and a partner of our office. For meeting the urgent demand of promoting our work, our office decided, after investigation into Jackie Lee, to recommend him to Great Britain to learn English for a year, because of our office, Wenwen Law Office, is a large, integrated and highly professional law office that concerns foreign business, and that the major business of our office is involving foreign legal affairs. Our office has enjoyed high honor from the society.
Hereby, we have particularly furloughed Jackie Lee. ->

The Wenwen Law Office, being a large, integrated, and highly professional firm, dealing largely with the affairs of foreign business, has recommended that Jackie Lee, one of our Partners, be sent on sabbatical to Great Britain, in order to spend a year improving his English skills.
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 01:52 pm
I did understand that, but that's where we run into a cultural problem. To the ears of an English speaker, it's arrogant and unappealing (even unprofessional) to call your own company prestigious. You must leave that to others, and hope that others do think that your company is prestigious.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:12 pm
I do appreciate the down-to-earth western style, Eos! Very Happy

That is upset like street vendors touting pedestrians. Razz
0 Replies