Is there any grammatical error here?

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:55 pm
The undersigned Parties hereby accept and agree to the I.C.C. Provisions of Non-Circumvention And Non-Disclosure with regards all parties involved in this transaction, Addtions, Renewals, And the Third Party Assignments with full reciprocation for a period of Five years from the Execution of this agreement.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 942 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:20 am
The undersigned Parties hereby accept and agree to the I.C.C. Provisions of Non-Circumvention And Non-Disclosure with regards to all parties involved in this transaction, Additions, Renewals, and the Third Party Assignments with full reciprocation for a period of Five years from the Execution of this agreement.

Changes in bold print. One spelling error. One additional preposition (to).
One capitalization error.

Shouldn't it be "from the date of Execution of..." ?

Joe
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:26 am
Let's work on the title of your thread, oristar.

You wrote Is there any grammatical errors here?

That is incorrect. Try

Are there any grammatical errors here?

Is there a grammatical error here?

Either one of those would be correct. Yours is improperly worded.

When referring to a singular item, use "is"

When referring to multiple items, use "are"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:46 am
Quote:
The undersigned Parties hereby accept and agree to the I.C.C. Provisions of Non-Circumvention And Non-Disclosure with regards to all parties involved in this transaction, Additions, Renewals, and the Third Party Assignments with full reciprocation for a period of Five years from the Execution of this agreement.

There's something not quite right here. The flow is alright up to "transaction", but it seems the sentence should end there. But the next sentence wouldn't stand on its own.

Are you saying, Oristar, that additions, renewals, or third party assignments (with full reciprocation) will not be allowed for the duration of the five year contract?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:50 am
I say, Joe was so sharp-eyed catching out all flaws there! Very Happy

Gus, I felt a grievance -- because my original title was " Is there any grammatical error here?" , not as what you picked on here -- I think it was impossible that I would make such a naive mistake as you described, unless I was careless.
However, thanks for joining this thread.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 04:54 am
Quote:
Gus, I felt a grievance -- because my original title was " Is there any grammatical error here?" , not as what you picked on here -- I think it was imposible that I would make such a naive mistake as you described, unless I was careless.

Are you calling me a liar?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:16 am
we always look to your wisdom gus. You are the sage of a2k with not a mean bone in yer body. I worship you.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:27 am
I'd insert several commas along the way and also break up the statement into several individual sentences.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:31 am
Miller wrote:
I'd insert several commas along the way and also break up the statement into several individual sentences.

Go ahead please. Smile

@Gus, Nope, I said "thanks for joining this thread", regardless of any misunderstanding there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:34 am
again, I repeat, gus ' wisdom is a beautiful thing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:33 am
Farmerman, I've been here helping Oristar. Alone. Except for a brief appearance by Joe.

So back off before I put that friggin' howitzer up yer ass.

Of course, you live closer to Cleveland than I do so perhaps a howitzer won't be required.

Maybe a small stick of dynamite?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:55 am
I'd go with Joe's corrections here. As 'legalise', I don't think it needs any breaking up, or more commas. Damn commas, they should go back to Russia already.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:57 am
What about my question regarding what happens after transaction? There is no way in hell that sounds right, legalise or not.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:02 am
"Now way in hell"? Who's being grammatically correct with that statement?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:05 am
What are you talking about?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:11 am
Didnt you get it? He just returned like for like.
Just kidding, no offense. Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:03 pm
why would you threaten me gus? Do not generals have feelings/ are we not human/ if you cut us, do we not bleed/ if you tickle us, do we not laugh?

woe, and fie,
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:49 pm
I have no idea why I threatened you, farmerman. I went over this thread again and you were nothing but complimentary.

It's baffling.
0 Replies