cavfancier

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:39 am
dyslexia wrote:
who (really?) gives a rats ass-----

Nobody, I hope, not sincerely anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:45 am
It's a matter of life and death to hang Clinton for any and every thing at every opportunity. You all know that.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:46 am
Neither men or women can play the victims in these extra-curricular actitivies. dys is right -- they're all adults and should no what they're getting themselves into. Including Clinton and Lewinsky when he bowed to temptation and gave no thought about what the consequences could be.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:48 am
I don't see where it matters if she wasn't married. I still doubt her scruples in carrying on a relationship with a married man. Would you do it?

--------

I did do it. But, once. Not three hundred and eighty four times.

And, I told the truth about it.

The married partner is in a relationship where they are betraying a loved one. Not so for the single person.

But, I don't know how we got on this again.

Aside from Clinton's popularity, I'm always really shocked that people, who are usually seen as defenders of women, and completely against the victimization of rape victims throw their morals (or something) completely out the window when this subject comes up.

There should be one standard for everyone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:55 am
As long as it's your standard, right?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:59 am
Nope. Yours. Just the same one for a CEO or Republican Congressman as for Clinton.

Packwood was thrown out on his ear for much less than what Clinton did--and any CEO getting caught screwing a subordinate (or Hell, even winking at her) was run out of his job on the end of a sexual harrassment suit.

So, it can be your standard--just please have one that fits all...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:07 pm
Packwood left because he didn't want a further probe into his activities.

I would never carry on a relationship with someone who was married. In fact, it was only recently when someone I had two dates with revealed they were married and I quickly exited. Sorry, that's my standard.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:10 pm
Cav writes:
Quote:
I'm not sure about that particular hyperbole, but Clinton was a charming, powerful man with a penchant for philandering. Believe me, there are plenty of women who fall for that schtick every day. Both parties are to blame, morally. It is also entirely within the realm of possibility that Flowers is as big a liar as Clinton. Both of them should suck it up, and fess up.

Agree 100%. My only objection is when Clinton supporters often go out of their way to make derogatory inferences against the women, but rarely say he was in any way at fault. I thought he was morally bankrupt to do it, but that paled against the efforts of him and/or his staff to lie about it while attempting to completely destroy these women once the affairs/incidents became public.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:10 pm
Well, don't be sorry, LW. Its truly remarkable that you are impervious to the human frailties that infect the rest of us.

Congratulations.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:14 pm
Sofia wrote:
Well, don't be sorry, LW. Its truly remarkable that you are impervious to the human frailties that infect the rest of us.

Congratulations.

Yes, let me add my congratulations and welcome to the club. It's small and exclusive. :wink: Have a cigar.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:23 pm
Just a principal from many years ago -- after one bumps into the couple in a supermarket and has to veer into another aisle! Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:24 pm
(I do agree that men have more of a tendency to conceal that they are married but I don't know how Jennifer Flowers could have been deceived).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:24 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sofia wrote:

Congratulations.

Yes, let me add my congratulations and welcome to the club. It's small and exclusive. :wink: Have a cigar.

Get that cigar away! Laughing
0 Replies