Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 03:11 pm
Temper, temper! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

In any case....NO.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 03:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
After reading his last post, Leadfoot, do YOU think Edgar is ignoring me???
0 Replies

jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 12:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
No God? What kind of God are you talking about?
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:07 pm
@jwagner,
The one that doesn't exist, of course.
jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:50 pm
@Lordyaswas,
oh okay, I'm just curious in why and how you know there is no God
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:29 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/52/d7/bf/52d7bf7a947a4845cd7961cfe0ef4a56.jpg
0 Replies

trichakra

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 05:31 am
@FBM,
OMG , i forgot too.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 08:34 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/92/05/d092059f2902c919b93cdba6379fda72.jpg
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 01:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
And another for me when He is very present. Just lost a family member today.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:22 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ff/95/70/ff957096386cc204c74dd3c7b43c3bea.jpg
High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 06:46 am
If God had taken out Pharoah, the heathen slave-driving Egyptians would simply have replaced him with another, so he persuaded Pharoah to let the Israelis go by zapping Egypt bigtime with the 10 Plagues.
God is not a wishy-washy lefty social worker and nobody better mess with him..Smile
Anyway the kids were all heathen offspring ,the "Hitler Youth' of their time, just like Jesus later called the snooty jewish priests "offspring of vipers" so without them the human gene pool would have been improved.
hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 06:54 am
@High Strangeness,
Ha, I love your ignorance. Even the jews don't believe there was widespread egyptian slavery http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 07:37 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Ha, I love your ignorance. Even the jews don't believe there was widespread egyptian slavery http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844

Sorry Hingehead, ignorant Christian over here, an interesting article, but for clarity, are the views of this article representative of the Jewish community or a Jewish individual?
High Strangeness

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 10:30 am
@hingehead,
said- "Even the jews don't believe there was widespread egyptian slavery"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha they must have forgotten that the Egyptians were keeping the Israeli people as slaves! Moses actually killed an Egyptian overseer who was mistreating them, then gave Pharoah the message from God that he was going to bust their asses with the 10 Plagues if he didn't "Let my people go".

PS- An interesting TV documentary some time ago examined the 10 Plagues and concluded they may well have all happened by some freak of the laws of nature.
Christians responded to the show with- "So what? God himself controlled the laws of nature"..Smile
neologist

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 01:14 pm
@hingehead,
To be correct, not all firstborn were babies..
And not all were human.
God's beef was with pharaoh in order to highlight the insufficiency and weakness of human government, among other things.

Powerful as pharaoh was, he could not prevent God's will.

As for those "innocents " who died, read John 5:28, 29

Ite, missa est.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Ite, missa est.

You closet Catholic, you.
hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:24 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well Smiley, communities don't write articles, but the author is jewish, a former member of the Israel Defence Force - and is merely pointing out the complete lack of evidence of the mass migration Moses is credited with.

Quote:
The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.
It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labor shortages. Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population.

Like there's no evidence of the great flood - or that the universe was created in 6 days less than 10,000 years ago.

Just sayin'.
hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:25 pm
@neologist,
neo wrote:
To be correct, not all firstborn were babies..
And not all were human.

Say what?
hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:38 pm
@High Strangeness,
It's one of my favourite things to converse with someone so confident in their ignorance.
highly strained wrote:
Egyptians were keeping the Israeli people as slaves

There were no 'israelis' until the formation of the modern state of Israel - and even if you stretch it to mean the inhabitants of the original 'promised land' - there were no Israelis until after Moses died - and that's just based on what the bible says.

Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.