Another day when there is no God

Olivier5

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 03:27 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Naw, not at all, really, Frank. I mean, at one point I did call Ollie a Bitch and asked him why he did deviant things with donkeys, but, ya know, there was a good reason for it and it all blew over.

I once lived in a village where donkeys were doing all sorts of deviant things to one another... Very noisy, too. :-) You would have loved that.

So yes, the new tool the mods use to cool down some threads is to "freeze" them for a while. You can't post on said thread for a day or so, then it opens up again... For some reason they don't want to enforce any personal responsibility, so they punish the collective instead. Seen this happen twice already.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 03:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Didn't know that they did that.

Interesting.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 07:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
For some reason they don't want to enforce any personal responsibility...

Good thing for you, then, eh, Ollie, or your sorry ass would be long gone, ya know?

Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 08:36 pm
Yes, well, I was browsing in a few resale shops in Tomball, today. There is one antiques and notions store that at one time was the original Klien's Grocery. [Klien's built a newer store closer to the crossroads of 149 and 2920 (Main Street). This one eventually shut down and the VA bought the newer store and converted it to a clinic.] Anyway, I walked the sidewalk outside and saw these wooden wheels. I quickly rifled my mental file and sure enough, I tells my wife, mrs edgarblythe, "Them's chariot wheels. I think the mud on them could be off the bottom of the Red Sea." "You're so smart," she says. Hey, I keep thinking about going back and buying them all, before some museum gets a whiff of what they are sitting on.
layman

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 08:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey, Ed, that's something I aint havin. Tellya what, eh? I got this here skinny-ass chunk of wood that kinda looks like an ordinary toothpick, but that AINT what it is. It's a genuine, bona fide, certified, guaranteed splinter from the cross Jesus died on. What-say we trade, straight up, eh? I need some wooden wheels for a contraption I'm working on that will induce cold fusion, ya know?

I'm gunna make millions! Then alla y'all are gunna wish you'd been more nicer to me, but then it will be too late.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:13 pm
Hey, I'm talking reality here and you're making up ****. I just read on one of the other threads that such chariot wheels have been found.

Patches

1 REPLYQUOTEREPORT Thu 7 May, 2015 07:13 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
That's your claim, but you have yet to produce any evidence to support it.
I have shown you both a photograph of the Holy Spirit and a living chariot of God. There are a great number of testimonies of people who have seen Jesus on the internet. Also, the Egyptian chariot wheels were discovered under the Red Sea.
FBM

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm surprised that anyone else even reads that thread.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:46 pm
@FBM,
Only a few times a week. I get enough bullshit elsewhere that I don't need that one.
FBM

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heehee. I'll try to tone it down. Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:57 pm
@FBM,
Not criticizing you at all. I have very small patience for people like the originator of the thread.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 09:59 pm
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUwtLW0DnCCqblD1oA_qh33QkCtHVtL9QABMUCgz7c61qeZjye
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I was just kidding. I have to suppress my gag reflex every time I visit that thread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 08:39 am
Let me knock on the doors of your mind, he said. And if I gain entrance wield my ax against your ignorance.

First, the man replied, sit with me. Empty your thoughts on the ground before us. Let us examine them for pettiness of motive. We shall hone the ax or destroy it.

The first complied and strew about on the earth his thoughts. They picked them over one by one, identifying some as jealousy, others as fear, anger and uncertainty. And the second swept them away, into the nearby pit of vipers. The first cursed him profoundly and was on his way, not to return for many years.

The second continued his life, unconcerned, and when the first returned, greeted him as if he had been there all along. Let me knock on the doors of your mind, the first said. And if I gain entrance thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The second filled a bowl from the great pot on the fire. Eat, he said.

The first looked on the food and replied, Eat that **** again? I'm out of here.

layman

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Nice tale, Ed! Very realistic and convincing. Doesn't even sound like fiction from that standpoint.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 10:56 am
@layman,
It's true. My great uncle Edward Snowdem told it to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 09:31 pm
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk8ZEbrFfjKxjrjkAspO_13XwGth4LCNGCUPlAoXZ94i-LRuK5EQ
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:06 am
I once knew a young man that I wish I had recorded. When riding to and from jobs he made conversation by informing me there were witches in the family. One of his relatives was a good witch, the other a bad one. When the family became embroiled in fights between these witches the whole family suffered. He told how he slept one night in his sister's home. In the middle of the night the bad witch caused him to arise and begin choking his sister. Only after repeated blows to the head from her husband's fist did he wake up and break the spell. Another time, his brother in law was driving his truck on the freeway when the bad witch entered and tried to force him out the door. They kept garlic and such anti witch substances in all the windows and doors, especially at night.

The young man told how he spent the night down the street with a friend. At one point, his friend was asleep on the floor. He told how he and the other's family watched as the friend slowly turned into a dog and then reverted to human form before he awoke. When they mentioned this to him, he said, "Yeah; I kinda felt like a dog."

He had other stories, but I don't have a good enough recall to recount them. The bad witch finally got them good by calling CPS and accusing them of child abuse. The children were taken away for several weeks. They all moved out of state several months later.

FBM

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:17 am
@edgarblythe,
My best friend's in-laws were like that only with aliens. The mother-in-law was convinced that she had been abducted and touched on the forehead by a 3-fingered alien, and that she later had to have 3 "skin tumors" removed from the very same spots where the alien touched her. I could never see anything resembling surgery scars on her forehead, but I learned quickly not to express skepticism. She also said something about the aliens giving her pills to cure some disease she didn't know she had, and emphatically told her - telepathically - that she must take them all or she'd die. I asked why she didn't take one to be examined by scientists on the condition that she could take it afterwards. She got this wild look in her eyes and just nodded knowingly, saying something like, "Aliens hide among us in human form."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:29 am
Sounds like she may have been suspicious of you. Lucky you didn't give anything away.
FBM

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:33 am
@edgarblythe,
Our galactic commander sent a memo around marking her location and instructing others how to behave in her presence...
0 Replies