Another day when there is no God

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:00 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

I don't get any enjoyment from the crap you utter.

I don't revel in such low human feelings.

You are mistaken, as usual, if you think I delight in misery.

I doubt that I am mistaken in that you delight in misery.

And really, you don't have to indulge in so much anger in your posts...or to be as insulting as you are in almost every one.

Take it easy, Boom. Life goes on. The sun will come out tomorrrooowww.

Wink
timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:05 pm
George wrote:
Just what is the foiundation for your expressed confidence in this area?

My personal experience of life tells me that education is the main factor of society improvement.

Most of the conflicts I studied (and some I witnessed) are the fruit of letting go the basic instincts of man.

These instincts are less prevalent with higher education, though not always.

But on average, societies with higher level of education are less prone to conflicts and war.

I'm truly confident that at some point, the necessity of education will become obvious for all.

Then, societies will become more assuaged, if the struggle for life becomes less pregnant.

Current orientation of the US goes opposite but I keep faith that American society will get back to its spirits in a foreseeable future.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

And really, you don't have to indulge in so much anger in your posts...or to be as insulting as you are in almost every one.

Take it easy, Boom. Life goes on. The sun will come out tomorrrooowww. [/b]
Wink

And Frank will still be in New Jersey !!!
timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:13 pm
Frank wrote:
Your pretentiousness shows in every one of your posts.

You are a crappy human being, Frank, to say the least.

and wrote:
What I have to indulge in is none of your business, little ****.

I don't insult you, I state a fact.

and wrote:
I take it easy more than you can even imagine, which is not difficult, given your lack of imagination.
Life goes on for some, others die.
The sun will come out for some, not for all.
timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:34 pm
George wrote:
And Frank will still be in New Jersey !!!
And I will be in some much better place!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:45 pm
I have said before that the majority of believers cannot abide an atheist. Not for anything they have seen an atheist do, for most atheists mind their own business, in general. Atheism stirs a primal fear. To the believer, the non believer in the deep recesses somehow diminishes the believer as an entity, for belief in some sort of god is a huge part of the believer. It is who they are. They think atheism whacks away at their very existence and diminishes the prospect there will be anything left to get them to heaven.
timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Human psyche is quite difficult to understand.

Why would someone need a god do deal with his own interrogations remains a mystery.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:20 pm
@timur,
I believe that even a very cursory review of the history of the modern era (since the 15th century) will demonstrrate the folly of your expressed beliefs. They are sadly contrary to the very obvious facts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:22 pm
@georgeob1,
Indeed I will. Happy, content...and probably playing golf.

Life is better than good; life is great.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I remember when apostate was a bad word. Atheist was out of the realm of possible understanding for me in my high school years. Not sure I had heard the word agnostic then, and when I did, later, it seemed fuzzy. Not to venture toward more declension (er, that is a play on words) on word meaning, I'm not interested. I post to say I remember a kind of fear in my religion classes, but that is in retrospect. (That was homeroom every morning.)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:32 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Your pretentiousness shows in every one of your posts.

You are a crappy human being, Frank, to say the least.

No, Timur...I am not. I am a decent, reasonable, person...the kind of friend one can count on.

I like damn near everyone...and don't try to get over on people. I just don't like people who, like you, come into a conversation just to start the kind of nonsense you start. I like to toy with those kind...like I am toying with you.

Quote:
and wrote:
What I have to indulge in is none of your business, little ****.

I don't insult you, I state a fact.

Actually, what you like to do is to insult.

Fine with me. Do it if it makes your life feel better. But you show no class...or humanity in your posts and I am going to batter you in retaliation.

Grab some more rope. I have as much as you want.

Quote:

and wrote:
I take it easy more than you can even imagine, which is not difficult, given your lack of imagination.
Life goes on for some, others die.
The sun will come out for some, not for all.

It seems to me the sun seldom comes out for you, Timur. But that is a conscious choice of yours.

You are over the top...and there are times I feel a bit guilty leading you to go further and further over the top.

Not guilty enough to stop...but then again, you are my toy.

I hope you can conquer your demons, but they are of your own creation, so it would be a snap if you allowed yourself to grow up.

In the meantime, since you seem ill-disposed to do so...I will allow you to continue to entertain me.

Big wink!

http://www.honeysmoke.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2232146227_9d317437fc_o.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have said before that the majority of believers cannot abide an atheist. Not for anything they have seen an atheist do, for most atheists mind their own business, in general. Atheism stirs a primal fear. To the believer, the non believer in the deep recesses somehow diminishes the believer as an entity, for belief in some sort of god is a huge part of the believer. It is who they are. They think atheism whacks away at their very existence and diminishes the prospect there will be anything left to get them to heaven.

I have no problem with atheists, Edgar.

But you are the kind of atheist who guesses there are no gods...and who presents those guesses as if they are a revelation from a god.

Nothing wrong with guesses.

But you ought really to own up to your guesses being guesses.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:41 pm
I include some agnostics in what I wrote. Razz
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
"I never woulda guessed", he said sarcastically...but with a broad smile on his face.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:44 pm
@ossobuco,
What I wrote did not imply the fear of which I wrote is universal, but it is very widespread. I was never in a situation like yours. I find it interesting reading.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:46 pm
Quote:
I believe that even a very cursory review of the history of the modern era (since the 15th century) will demonstrrate the folly of your expressed beliefs. They are sadly contrary to the very obvious facts.

There's no such demonstration that can be logically done.

The results of the ill-thought wars of the two last centuries show that.

My beliefs are no more a folly than those of the warmongers that have been in charge in the last one hundred years.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:57 pm
Frank wrote:
You are over the top...and there are times I feel a bit guilty leading you to go further and further over the top.
You cannot feel guilty as guilt is a human feeling proceeding from a sense of honor you don't have.

and wrote:
Pretentiousness again and again, little ****!

Quote:
I hope you can conquer your demons, but they are of your own creation, so it would be a snap if you allowed yourself to grow up.
In order to conquer his own demons one have to have:

- Demons

- A sufficiently great sense of responsibility towards humankind.

I'm sure you own the former and unfortunately are devoid of the latter.

Frank wrote:
In the meantime, since you seem ill-disposed to do so...I will allow you to continue to entertain me.
You are such dregs of humanity that you are allowed to do so.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 03:18 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
You cannot feel guilty as guilt is a human feeling proceeding from a sense of honor you don't have.

You are showing that you are even further over the top with each post, Timur. Your disdain for me is absurd. You do not know me well enough to come to the kinds of sick conclusions you have come to.

But...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAmLvgny9VKwuFTXQhF22Wa-7VRw-azMHLdrYFFdzGBezrH2Z8hw

...take as much as you want. I've got plenty.

Quote:
and wrote:
Pretentiousness again and again, little ****!

Not really, Timur. Just trying to jostle you to sanity.

(It ain't working!)

Quote:
Quote:
In order to conquer his own demons one have to have:

- Demons

- A sufficiently great sense of responsibility towards humankind.

I'm sure you own the former and unfortunately are devoid of the latter.

Way over the top, Buddy. Stop it...it is only making you look bad. Really.
You should not have started this, but now that you have, salvage as much dignity as you can.

Stop!

Quote:

Frank wrote:
You are such dregs of humanity that you are allowed to do so.

Wow...you've lost it completely. I didn't think this would happen...or that I would find it so amusing.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 03:38 pm
Edgar...

...when you get a chance...take a look at this
:

http://able2know.org/topic/276266-1#post-5946112
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 04:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think that it is also that an atheist's existence speaks to any doubt they might have about their faith - and having had it 'beaten' into them since childhood that faith is everything and the only thing (in response to childish sensible questions about dogs going to heaven and babies starving in Africa) so the atheist-fear/derision is the embodiment of their own self-loathing. Which isn't much different from what you're saying.