The Good News from Iraq

swolf

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:21 pm
Near as I can tell, 98% of the news coming from Iraq is positive, while our own pathetic demmunist media continues to focus like a laser on that 2%. I mean, you'd figure that at least two percent of the news from the United States or Switzerland was bad on a given day...

Check this out:

http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com/2004/06/good-news-from-iraq-part-4.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,704 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:23 pm
So, how did you make that 98% vs. 2% calculation?

I suspect it was a "reach deep and pull out what I want" calculation. Was it?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:25 pm
I guess all those dead soldiers and civilian workers are part of a meaninglessly small portion of what's going on there. Must be nice for their families to know that...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:25 pm
Laughing I'm going to have to take back that conservative humor is an oxymoron if laughable topics such as this are posted.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:26 pm
Yep, Craven that's what I thought.
But nevertheless, bad news simply sell better.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:32 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
I guess all those dead soldiers and civilian workers are part of a meaninglessly small portion of what's going on there. Must be nice for their families to know that...

Did you ever open any sort of a history book and read about the battles of WW-II, even the relatively minor island battles in the Pacific, and the numbers of people who died in them?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:40 pm
Re: The Good News from Iraq
swolf wrote:
Near as I can tell, 98% of the news coming from Iraq is positive, while our own pathetic demmunist media continues to focus like a laser on that 2%.

True enough.

http://www.bartcop.com/slaughter-iraq.jpg

Quote:
This is the latest picture to shock America and pile even greater pressure on George Bush over Iraq. Sprawled on the floor with their kits strewn around them, these four US Army soldiers were killed in an ambush in the Sunni Muslim city of Ramadi, west of Baghdad...

They come just two days after Paul Johnson was decapitated in Saudi Arabia by an al Qaeda group and after another American hostage, Nicholas Berg, was beheaded in Iraq last month...

Images of a US civilian worker strung up from a bridge and of physical and sexual abuse of Iraqi prisoners at the now notorious Abu Ghraib prison have also haunted the American public conscience.

Damn that liberal media for reporting these things.

Why do they hate America so?

Here's one liberal's opinion:

The news from the battle zones is like some kind of perverted, obscene, sick Groundhog Day, but instead of the same, it gets worse every day.

Are some people really going to vote for four more years of this?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 04:54 pm
Will you please send the The 203rd Engineer Battalion to California to upgrade our schools? Many are fire hazards for our children, and many are not earthquake proof. Our children and parents will appreciate it. Thx, c.i.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:10 pm
If the media were really Liberal, Bush would have been impeached by now! Instead he gets pass after pass. I don't get it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:16 pm
From America's finest news source:

Quote:
http://www.theonion.com/images/389/article2831.jpg

Complete article at The Onion
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:21 pm
That's great, e!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:56 am
swolf wrote:
I mean, you'd figure that at least two percent of the news from the United States or Switzerland was bad on a given day...

To what extent can you compare bad news from the US or Switzerland with bad news from Iraq? Bad news in Switzerland would be: the Lederhosen of the Prime Minister snapped. Bad news from Iraq would be: dozens of Iraqi's / American soldiers / journalists, whatever, killed in attack(s).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:30 am
Quote:
BAQOUBA, Iraq - Insurgents launched coordinated attacks against police and government buildings across Iraq Thursday, less than a week before the handover of sovereignty. Sixty-nine people including three American soldiers were killed, and more than 270 people were wounded, Iraqi and U.S. officials said.

The good news is that several hundred copies of "The Pet Goat" were found in the rubble unharmed other than the covers had been chewed on.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 06:54 am
Ain't that some good news!
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:13 am
I don't see any evidence that anybody has actually clicked on the link I provided above...

http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com/2004/06/good-news-from-iraq-part-4.html

Check it out. If all you've heard or read about Iraq recently is the bullshit being put out by our major media, real news will come as a revelation.

Also of interest are recent findings regarding the extreme bias of America's major media and the economic cost (to them) of having half our population simply tuning them out, as is currently the case:

http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_bartlett/bartlett200406230852.asp
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:17 am
Swolf: I've seen the site, before I started posting. However, you should not forget that Iraq was liberated, as said by Bush, to make it "a better place", where people could live in freedom and SAFETY. Sadly, that is not the case. By posting that the majority of the news from Iraq is good news, is only half the story. It still makes Iraq a bad place to be right now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:12 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
So, how did you make that 98% vs. 2% calculation?

I suspect it was a "reach deep and pull out what I want" calculation. Was it?

My question as well.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:20 am
Re: The Good News from Iraq
swolf wrote:
Near as I can tell, 98% of the news coming from Iraq is positive, while our own pathetic demmunist media continues to focus like a laser on that 2%.

Swolf, come on, man. 98%? Are you smoking something? You support the president/administration/war. I think we all get it. But when you start making nonsensical claims like that, it just makes people glaze over your posts all the more. Stick to reality.

And that "demmunist" thing is getting real old REAL fast. Time to put it in the same trash bin as "Hitlary" and "Rethugs" and move one.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:50 am
Yes its good news all the way from Iraq. Why only today less than 100 people have been blown up. The series of bomb attacks left millions alive and well.

Our special Onion reporter interviewed one such deleriously happy Iraqi, Mr Mustapha al Zizz-Bang

"I was walking down the main street near the police recruitment centre when this terrific explosion occured. It reminded me of a large firework display, it was very beautiful, all the different colours, reds yellow etc etc. Then there was silence for a while before this fantastic sound of high pitched voices, I think they were trying to sing, but I couldn't quite get the tune. Anyway to accompany this singing all the emergency vehicles sort of joined in, it was really quite moving. When I looked around I found some large pieces of shrapnel embedded in the wall only inches from me and I thought ...It Missed! I must be the luckiest guy around. This is good news and can only bode well for the future of our country which is surely blessed to have all that oil, and I thank George W Bush and Allah, I'm so happy today. No really I am".

Mr al Zizz-Bang was helped onto a donkey cart and waved cheerily as he was taken away.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:55 am
This is really touching.

Snif.
0 Replies