Leaving the friendzone?

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:34 am
Hey Guys... Quick question...

I've always been great friends with a girl for 13years now... we liked each other in different times of our firendship. She eventually started dating a big friend of mine, and I started dating a girl but always remained friends.
She broke up with the guy after 8years and 7months ago I broke up. Our relationship never changed. Maybe we started talking a bit more often. We still call each other "bro" and "sis" and so on.

Anyway, some months ago we were both drunk and I asked her "Do you think that our lives would be different if we had tried to date 12years ago?" she answered "I don't know"

That didn't make it awkward for us, and the friendship remained the same.

Lately we've been talking a bit more and today we were talking about exercising etc.

She said she lost some weight and said "I'll only share this because you're my bro. Though I lost some weight my ass (which is amazing) is still all there!"
And I replied "I know.. you don't have to tell me that."
She "lol'd" and said that I made her blush a bit.

Afterwards I showed her a pic of mine (a flattering one) and she said "wow... you have great abs....with abs like those you're gonna go far"
and I said "good try... you didn't make me blush"
and she said: "I wasn't even trying... If I wanted to make you blush I'd say "If I wasn't committing incest, with those abs I'd put you with your back against the wall and.....""
I said "ok... you made me blush! You win.."
She then said "this isn't gonna get weird between us is it?"
I said "nah... of course not!"
She said: "ok... I was kidding about the incest part...... kidding again... but your abs are great. Bye." - End of conversation

We NEVER had this kind of conversation... what does this mean? Is she teasing? Is she thinking about something? I'd love it if we would date.. I always thought we would make a great couple... But don't want to lose our friendship.

I know I know... it's the old friendzone discussion..

What do you guys think?
(we're both in our early 30's)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:49 am
Teasing/playful. Forget any idea of sex with her.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:24 am
@TyrionGuy,
Frankly, it's an unknown. Perhaps you should have the discussion with her as only you two are the experts on your relationship. Perhaps you can find a way of prefacing the discussion..as though you're not trying to hit on her but looking to clarify the flirting.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 12:02 pm
Guys who talk about "friendzones" basically don't have any idea about women or what they want, so I would put the possibilty of sex with this woman for this guy as very low.
0 Replies