Where is A2K going (and why are we in this handbasket)?

jcboy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:03 pm
This will be my 9th year since I registered here.

The only thing that has changed around here is users have come and gone. I remember as a kid reading the political threads and the bickering back and forth, which still goes on today.

Nothing has changed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:38 pm
Why is the unequal enforcement of undefined rules anonymously.

We need to overhaul the moderation of this site.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Why is the unequal enforcement of undefined rules anonymously.

Robert feels that this is his place, he can do what he wants, and he owes no one any explanation for anything. THe mods follow his example, surely with his permission.
jcboy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 05:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Robert feels that this is his place, he can do what he wants, and he owes no one any explanation for anything. THe mods follow his example, surely with his permission.

It is his place, he does own it and can do whatever he wants with it and doesn't need yours or anyone else's permission so what's your point? Cool
Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 06:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Have you volunteered lately?
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 08:35 pm
In older days there was Phoenix opening a thread every year or so and asking the same question: where is A2k going?

Now she herself has gone and hardly writes here anymore.
Most of us have gone for a while, came back and go again. In the end,
we always miss a few "faces" and stop by for old times sake.

Good discussions are hard to come by these days, that's true. We're
missing new blood, but with social media taking over, don't
hold your breath. You won't see new folks flocking to A2k.

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:29 pm
@jcboy,
Some people have the flair for the obvious.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:30 pm
@roger,
What is the mechanism to volunteer?
roger

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 09:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Use the "Contact Us" at the bottom, right of the screen. I encourage you.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 05:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

You run a Restaurant you know that's "your " place you can do what you want you don't owe anyone any explanation....

Mods are in my experience as I am one elsewhere, volunteers who believe in the creation of a Forum.

Do you want to attempt to start your own?

I don't get this post at all.

Do you see advertising on this Forum? If so, then they don't give a rats azz about the people, rather the money they can make. But there is none.... so it's not about profit or money here Hawk, rather the HOPE that people enjoy.

The Forum I stated I was / am Mod on, there IS advertising and that's all they care about not the people. It's gone to shite .. Because of it, I am having difficulty going over there I am actually an Admin.

Here it is evident it's just about you, only you, "members" it's the reason why I am still here how refreshing.

It's not up to Robert for you guys to be "normal" instead of being kindy kids even that he seems to accept note the vote down.

Why you feel that you should be told about who is Mods and if he asks for money which I remember people offered I think a year ago and he never, ever replied, therefore accepted, is beyond me.

You are here, we are here, well done to Robert for creating something he hoped and dreamed would be an Adult place.

Hope your Restaurant sincerely has the same ideal.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 05:30 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I don't get this post at all.

I dont see why not, the words are not very complicated. I did not say anything that Robert has not said himself, and would admit to saying. Dont forget that I have been around here a lot longer than you, and that my being here has been very controversial, and that Robert and I have had many exchanges in the threads.

Again: someone asked a question, I answered it, but this thread is not about me. It is about us.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Good discussions are hard to come by these days

Then you are not paying attention, it has been better in the last few months than it has been in awhile, not bad at all actually.

Quote:
You won't see new folks flocking to A2k.
You gave up on the place years ago, when you did not get your way, when the place was not sanitized to your liking. You have an extremely low tolerence for messy.

I didn't get my way? What would that be? Tolerance with an a - yes, I don't need to engage in messy, not my style.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:24 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I remember things being much better when I first joined. Digs are digs, but you didn't have the meanness toward people with dissenting opinions that we have now.

Ha! I joined many years before you. There has always been meanness. It's nothing new.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:33 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yeah Tico, but there was so much more back then. You might have written a mean post in politics, but then wandered over to a topic gustav had opened up and everyone joined in in the humorous exchange and had a good laugh.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 08:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
The meanness ebs and flows, the community on the other hand has been in steady decline till recently. Unlike most here I think that the problem is not meanness but ownership....Robert made it clear that he did not value the community, and there was no call from management in the attempt to hold down the intolerant assholes, and so the community over time dissipated. I dont blaime Robert however, he was young and stupid, and he did put a lot of work into the place though a lot of it was misguided. And he is right that he gave us the tools to solve the problem ourselves and we did not do it, so our bitching is a bit vapid. I have a feeling that if and when RObert and I meet that we will get on great.
FBM

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:31 pm
With one or two rare exceptions, I almost always bow out of threads when the insults and rhetoric start to outnumber the posts that offer something constructive to the discussion. I'm not perfect, though, obviously. I haven't been active enough here long enough to know what the long-term trend is. But, yeah, discussions on serious topics don't often go beyond a page or two before the insults and grudge matches start.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I dont blaime Robert however, he was young and stupid, and he did put a lot of work into the place though a lot of it was misguided

You're such an expert aren't you.

What a load of crap. A2K members have been here for "years" couldn't have been that stupid. And young? Yet, he succeeded onto his second Forum, yep stupid.

You are becoming such a different person, such a know it all and you can't even fathom or note that you actually just insulted Robert. This should be the insult thread .

So far you've managed quite well to put down various people in one thread, whereby others are just insulting one member ...