THE ANGRY LEFT

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:26 pm
I know for a fact that cats are more destructive than a well-trained dog, mainly because cats are untrainable. I also think that you are neither uncivilized, nor a terrorist. Plenty of sleep and lots of food are actually the best tools to train pets, especially dogs. A tired hungry dog will learn nothing. Wink
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:29 pm
I once heard a normal cat kills like an average of 3 animals per day (mainly mice and small birds).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:29 pm
Quote:
know for a fact that cats are more destructive than a well-trained dog, mainly because cats are untrainable.

Untrue, are you serious? I just watched a movie with my nephew, what was it called, Stuart Little. In that a trained cat runs around the whole time, in fact, there are several.

I think a more accurate statement would be, 'I don't know how to train cats' instead of 'cats are untrainable.'

My cat never knocks anything over, never claws the furniture up, never leaves messes on the floor. She's deathly afraid of a water gun that I keep around and knows what happens when she does bad things. Sounds like she's trained, to me...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:30 pm
Or better: dogs are better trainable than cats. Right?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:31 pm
Cats may be trainable, but not like dogs, no? Seems like dogs can almost be programmed, if one has the time (and will) to do it. I doubt cats can be...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:34 pm
Should we move this thread to Pets and Garden? Laughing Point taken, Cycloptichorn. Your cat sounds a lot like my dog, except I don't need to keep guns around to keep him in line. Don't get your knickers in a knot, it was a joke. See, I'm trying to keep the pet references on a political level here, in the spirit of the thread. Wink
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:36 pm
From angry left to cats & dogs.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:38 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
From angry left to cats & dogs.

Well, what's a debate without both sides involved?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:44 pm
Easy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:47 pm
<rim shot>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:55 pm
"Stuart Little" is not a good example of trained cats or any animals for that matter since the advent of CGI. They seemlessly go from the live animal to a CGI representation which they can have perform all sorts of improbable tricks. But I must say that I've have had cats all my life and if you put effort into it when they are kittens, they are quite trainable. Once they are adults, they develop their complete immunity to any kind of parental or master performance. I have seen several shows with trained cats and Siamese seem to be preferable. My Siamese cats always acted more like they were dogs anyway.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:24 pm
"If you aren't outraged, you're not paying attention."

I concur! If ever there was reason to be angry, we got it! We have found out just how often we are being misled by this administration. It isn't acceptable, or very democratic to do or say nothing against it!

I like the pups too!

Todays news: Student loan rates. Look into it. And of course it too has a cutesy name belying what it actually does. Bush does think we're all stupid.
Sorry, not all of us.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 07:26 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I know for a fact that cats are more destructive than a well-trained dog, mainly because cats are untrainable. I also think that you are neither uncivilized, nor a terrorist. Plenty of sleep and lots of food are actually the best tools to train pets, especially dogs. A tired hungry dog will learn nothing. Wink

cavfancier

cats don't really need to be trained. However Rick is right they do kill a lot of mice and birds.

But your right this cats and dogs don't belong here. I get carried away sometimes.

btw-thanks for not thinking I am uncilvilized or a terrorist. Laughing
0 Replies