Battling a sleep habit...

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
I have woken up at 4:45-4:50am for months now, maybe longer, and I finally realized why. Its not stress, or just some problem with me, its my neighbor. He revs up his loud old pickup truck for about five minutes before leaving... every morning at 4:45 (usually 6 days a week).

I'm already a morning person, and waking up at this hour it annoying because I have a hard time going back to sleep for that last hour and a half.

I'd love some suggestions. Has anyone every tried sleeping with earplugs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,188 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:20 pm
Heavy curtains at your bedroom window might help. Also consider some sort of white noise (of your choice) running in the background.

Can you talk to your neighbor?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:11 pm
I've used earplugs. They worked well. It's all about how comfortable you are wearing them though. If they bother your ears, that will wake you up too. I used the foam ones, but they need to be replaced regularily. I have embraced my insomnia, and don't resort to earplugs anymore. If I'm up in the wee hours, I come here, or I write, or I think about ways to improve my business. If it's a simple problem with the revving truck, try the earplugs.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:13 pm
The old "sugar in the gas tank" trick outa stop that truck. Actually, I have tried sleeping with ear plugs and they don't do much good and are uncomfortable. Maybe ask the neighbor to park around the other side of the house so it's not within earshot.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:48 pm
I have prettty heavy curtains, although I could gladly add another layer. I would talk to the guy, but I have a feeling it wouldn't help. I'm sure he would have a newer vehicle if he could, and a better job if he could. And there's really not much of a parking option.

It may sound like I'm too lenient on the guy, but I would like to think he's not deliberately trying to wake people up.

I'll try some earplugs tonight and cross my fingers Smile I've slept in a gas mask before, so I'm sure I can sleep in ear plugs.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:52 pm
Okay, lets hear the gas mask story ....
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 03:32 pm
It was in basic training for the army. THey always threatened to gas us at night, so I just slept in my gas mask. They did gas us, too.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 03:55 pm
Lovely! I know what I am going to dream about tonight (I thought this was going to be something kinky!)
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:07 pm
LOL sorry.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:30 pm
Actually, Hoods men were all served heavy rations of beans. The gas masks came in handy.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:32 pm
lol
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 08:38 pm
I like the sugar idea. Ear plugs and drapes are fine for blocking high frequency noise, but do almost nothing for the lower ranges.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:16 am
I tried ear plugs last night, and they bothered my ears way too much.

*sigh*
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 08:15 am
Try children's ear plugs.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
Try getting drunk the night before.
0 Replies