Can this work:Living together with 8 month old baby and Mom?

Ponce

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:06 am
After our child was born our relationship deteriorated so much that I had to move out before we killed each other. Now that I have been living alone and away from them, things have settled and she has asked me to move back home but only as room mates. We would have separate bedrooms but I would be able to see my son every day and help out. I feel that I am missing so much of his life by being away but I am worried about possible conflict if I move back. Can this work if there are strict guidelines or is this a bad mistake?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 536 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:16 am
Quote:
I had to move out before we killed each other.

Ponce- You have not given us much to go on. Is your above statement a figure of speech, or has there been actual physical violence?

BTW, welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ponce

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:25 am
Can this work:Living together with 8 month old baby and Mom?
LOL - No physical violence. Just unable to live together. Fighting all the time and when we began to fight all the time in front of my son - i decided that it was time to move out. Is it not better for my son to have two parents that are separated that are happy than two parents living together, fighting all the time and not creating a happy environment for him? I really want to move back in so that I can see him but am worried about what can and could happen if I do...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:46 am
Quote:
Is it not better for my son to have two parents that are separated that are happy than two parents living together, fighting all the time and not creating a happy environment for him?

I think that you have your answer. Nowhere in your posts do you mention a feeling for the woman, only strife. A child is NOT better off with two parents squabbling all the time.

IMO, you need to do is move NEAR your child, but not in the same house. Then you can be an integral part of the child's life.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:51 am
Re: Can this work:Living together with 8 month old baby and
Ponce wrote:
Is it not better for my son to have two parents that are separated that are happy than two parents living together, fighting all the time and not creating a happy environment for him?

Yes. Cant give any other advice, but yes on that one.
0 Replies