Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 11:59 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Understanding of scripture comes from the study of scripture.
Who makes the better mechanic?...one that knows the handbook for the car?...or one that knows the handbook and has experience with the car?
neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 12:06 pm
@Patches,
You missed the part in the handbook that forbids playing with the car.
Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 12:24 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
You missed the part in the handbook that forbids playing with the car.
I have paid a high price for my wisdom.
neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 12:52 pm
@Patches,
A price higher still, my friend.
izzythepush

Tue 12 May, 2015 02:31 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Would you like me to debunk the tooth fairy as well?

I'd like to see you try.
Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 03:46 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Oh wise one. Laughing

Are you saying that I am going to hell? Drunk

Perhaps you should read my testimony again. Exclamation
Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 03:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'd like to see you try.
To my knowledge, there are no testimonies to anyone ever bearing witness to the tooth fairy.

There have been millions if not billions of people since the beginning of time bearing witness to God, Jesus, and the angels.

You would have to be an idiot not to see the difference.
neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 04:50 pm
@Patches,
Smarmy emoticons left in.
I wrote:
Patches wrote:
Oh wise one. Laughing

Are you saying that I am going to hell? Drunk
No.
Patches wrote:
Perhaps you should read my testimony again. Exclamation
Perhaps you should read a few things over again.
Quote:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23)
Quote:
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.( 1 Corinthians 10:12)
Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 05:00 pm
@neologist,
If Jesus Himself told you that you would be delivered from evil and be with your mother in the afterlife, would you believe Him?
neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 05:11 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
If Jesus Himself told you that you would be delivered from evil and be with your mother in the afterlife, would you believe Him?
Well, since Jesus promised a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous at John 5: 28,29, I expect I will be with my mother here on earth. My father also. Not to forget great great and greater great grandparents. My mother and father died as Catholics. Won't they be pleasantly surprised to have their youthful bodies here on earth and not be floating around in heaven?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 12 May, 2015 06:02 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
To my knowledge, there are no testimonies to anyone ever bearing witness to the tooth fairy.

You know nothing, and the tooth fairy remains undebunked.

FBM

Tue 12 May, 2015 06:48 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Quote:
Who I am, my personality, nor anything else about me is relevant to whether or not you can prove your god exists. The only relevant issue is that you haven't done it yet.
The believer doesn't need evidence. The non-believer who requires evidence doesn't believe the evidence.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/cott-fairy1.jpg
0 Replies

Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 07:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You know nothing, and the tooth fairy remains undebunked.
I watched that whole thing and never once was the tooth fairy mentioned.
FBM

Tue 12 May, 2015 07:07 pm
@Patches,
I've already shown you proof.
Patches

Tue 12 May, 2015 07:23 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I've already shown you proof.
Proof of what?
FBM

Tue 12 May, 2015 07:52 pm
@Patches,
Fairies.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 08:01 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 12 May, 2015 08:21 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Who would have thought that visiting an off site link or video would be a waste of time?

DOH!
0 Replies

FBM

Wed 13 May, 2015 09:09 am
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/scientists-earth-endangered-by-new-strain-of-fact-resistant-humans

Quote:

Scientists: Earth Endangered by New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) – Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans who are threatening the ability of Earth to sustain life, a sobering new study reports.

The research, conducted by the University of Minnesota, identifies a virulent strain of humans who are virtually immune to any form of verifiable knowledge, leaving scientists at a loss as to how to combat them.

“These humans appear to have all the faculties necessary to receive and process information,” Davis Logsdon, one of the scientists who contributed to the study, said. “And yet, somehow, they have developed defenses that, for all intents and purposes, have rendered those faculties totally inactive.”

More worryingly, Logsdon said, “As facts have multiplied, their defenses against those facts have only grown more powerful.”

While scientists have no clear understanding of the mechanisms that prevent the fact-resistant humans from absorbing data, they theorize that the strain may have developed the ability to intercept and discard information en route from the auditory nerve to the brain. “The normal functions of human consciousness have been completely nullified,” Logsdon said.

While reaffirming the gloomy assessments of the study, Logsdon held out hope that the threat of fact-resistant humans could be mitigated in the future. “Our research is very preliminary, but it’s possible that they will become more receptive to facts once they are in an environment without food, water, or oxygen,” he said.
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 09:59 am
@FBM,
I wonder how many fact resistant humans believe they are 'scientists'?
There are dozens of 'em here on a2k.

No defense of folks like Romeo intended.