izzythepush

Wed 13 May, 2015 09:59 am
@Patches,
You need to watch it again. This time with wisdom and insight.

Quote:
After waiting and waiting, pretending to be asleep, the bedroom door finally opened . A dim ray of light and shadows were all I could see. My eyes were open nearly as big as dinner plates but in the darkness, the tooth fairy did not see this.

The tooth fairy was big! She was not little at all and she had long hair that was wild looking. I knew it was not my mom because she kept her hair braided. I could not control my excitement and shouted, “Lynne! It’s the tooth fairy!”

That’s when the tooth fairy said, “Close your eyes while I do my magic, or I will never come back!”

I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the tooth fairy to leave. Then I reached under my pillow and felt the shiny dime.

The next day I told my sister that the tooth fairy does not look the way you think she would.

Not everyone gets the same tooth fairy. Mine was amazing!

https://bdale56.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/a-true-account-of-meeting-the-tooth-fairy/
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 11:43 am
Comparing God, Jesus and the angels to fairies and the easter bunny has got to be one of the most idiotic thing that I have ever seen in my life. I can clearly see the level of intelligence that I am dealing with here.
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 11:49 am
@Patches,
True, but using personal testimonies, ipse dixit proclamations, or authorities such as the letter to Virginia O'Hanlon from the editor of the New York Sun, do not provide sufficient proof of anything.
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 02:44 pm
I reckon that no amount of evidence will be good enough for most atheists regardless how good it is. They will always find something wrong with it. I believe that this is just the way it is. Most are probably just a lost cause.
izzythepush

Wed 13 May, 2015 03:05 pm
@Patches,
None of your evidence is any good, regardless of what one may or may not believe.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 03:21 pm
@Patches,
The only real evidence I might have to present is anecdotal and circumstantial. The accuracy of prophecy.
The candor of bible writers.
The integrity of the kingdom hope from the Edenic promise to the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 and to the hope of Revelation ch 21, all backed by the meaning of Jehovah's name - "He who causes to become"
The value of living by bible standards
Etc

You have sought to present
Pictures - real only by your standards.
Testimonials having no value according to 1 Corinthians 13:10
Personal attack.

Either way, it is not the hard core evidence you might derive from the physics lab.
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 04:03 pm
There is lots of evidence that God exist. Yet these idiots still do not believe. They are hard-headed and lack the ability to use reason. They believe that they are intelligent and yet in the end are going to find themselves in hell. This is how stupid they really are.
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 04:19 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
. . . . in the end are going to find themselves in hell. . .
This is another of your problems. You misrepresent scripture and paint a false picture of God.
edgarblythe

Wed 13 May, 2015 04:23 pm
Jesus Christ. There is no hell and there is no Jesus. Get a grip.
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 04:37 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
This is another of your problems. You misrepresent scripture and paint a false picture of God.
Besides from teaching falsely about the Holy Trinity, what are you saying now?...there is no hell?
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 04:41 pm
@Patches,
I wrote:
Patches wrote:
Besides from teaching falsely about the Holy Trinity, what are you saying now?...there is no hell?
The trinity is a God dishonoring falsehood that demeans the value of Jesus' sacrifice. And since the scriptures make it plain that we do not have immortal souls, there can be no suffering beyond death.
Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:04 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
And since the scriptures make it plain that we do not have immortal souls, there can be no suffering beyond death.
Then what are we being saved from?
Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:11 pm
Notice how thick and wide edgarblythe's forehead looks. Nothing is getting through that. Not even with a chisel and hammer. Laughing
Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:16 pm
Maybe if we dissect the atheist's brain we can figure out what is wrong with it. Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:26 pm
@Patches,
I wrote:
Then what are we being saved from?
Death.
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:27 pm
@Patches,
That would be Mark Twain
0 Replies

Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:31 pm
Some of these atheists are going to be so far down into the Pit that it is going to take a winch the size o f the Empire State building to haul them out. Laughing
Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:35 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Death.
How are we going to be saved from death when the soul is not immortal and does not live past this lifetime. Or are you saying that those in Christ live past this lifetime and everyone else dissolves?
neologist

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:35 pm
@Patches,
Naw.
You can't get any more dead than dead.
Patches

Wed 13 May, 2015 05:37 pm
@neologist,
How are we saved without an immortal soul?
0 Replies